Chapter 8

Chapter 8: when a symbol appears on the bottom of your wrist

I ran across the rooftops with Donnie, it was our turn to go on patrol, plus the thing that made it worse was Raph, Leo and Mikey were.... snickering and exchanging glances to each other.

As we stopped running I jumped to the top of a small building that had stairs underneath leading into the buildings apartments and sat down crossing my legs.

As we watched out for shredders henchmen, I feel something smack me in the back, I let out a blood curdling scream making Donnie turn towards me and pull out his bo-staff.

"(Y/n)!!!" He yelled as he ran towards me, the person behind me soon grabbed my wrist, making my wrist have a burning sensation of the skin.

Donnie hit the figure behind me in the ribs, the figure let me go and I fell over and so did the figure, his face was in a black hoodie so no one could see his face, he stood up and ran away.

Donnie was about to run after the figure when he saw me on the ground in pain, he ran over to me with a worried expression, his once angry expression from when he was about to attack the hooded figure was now a sad and worried expression.

"Oh my shell are you ok!?" He said sitting me up.

"Yeah I think so.... but my back hurts like hell and my wrist feels like its on fire" I said wincing in pain as the burning sensation in my wrist burned more.

But to my relief it started to calm down and not feel like its on fire, I turned my wrist around and my eyes widened.

"D-Donnie"

"Yeah what's wrong?" He said looking at me worriedly.

"L-look at this" I said showing him my wrist, revealing a black Japanese symbol like tattoo on it.

"Do you know what it means?" I asked curiously, I only knew a few Japanese words like 'Yame' (stop) 'Hajime' (begin or start) 'Sayōnara' (goodbye) and 'konichiwa' (hello).

"I-it says family" he said slightly smiling but in a confused way.

"The symbol means family" he repeated to himself quietly.

"But why the symbol for family? Why not something else?"

"I'm not sure.... cmon let's get back to the lair and check up on your back, you got hit pretty hard by the looks of it" he says as he helps me stand up.

He picks me up bridal style and runs back towards the lair, once we get back we receive a few stares towards us both and their eyes widen.

"What happened?!" Leo said as he ran over to us and looking at mostly me in worry, seeing as I'm being carried and being injured.

"Long story, we'll tell you when I finish checking up on (y/n)" Donnie says as he rushes me to the lab, placing me gently on one of his lab beds.

Donnie runs and grabs some bandages and starts wrapping them around my waist and my back, as he does I wince in pain and he frowns sadly.

"Sorry (y/n)..."

"It's ok Donnie...." I say smiling as he continues to apply the bandages.

"Should we ask sensei about the symbol?" I ask curiously.

"Maybe... he would probably know more about why it's there more than me anyway" I nodded and as he finished putting the bandages on he went to go get me some water.

Leo, Raph and Mikey rush into the lab and stand in front of me in worry.

"What happened out there?!" Leo exclaimed.

"I was attacked by a hooded figure and... he left this symbol meaning family on my wrist" I said as I showed them the symbol.

Their eyes widened in confusion and stare at my symbol curiously.

"But why the symbol for family? Couldn't it have been something else?" Raph asked confused.

"That's what I said when I saw it..."

"Guys give her some room to breath for crying out loud!" Donnie shouted as he entered the room with a glass kg water which he gave to me, I hopefully took it and drank some of it, the symbol had take a lot of hydration out of me when it was burning my wrist.

(Time skip)

As we entered the dojo we saw master splinter drinking some of his tea.

"Master splinter? May we come in?" Donnie asked quietly and curiously.

"Yes you may, what seems to be the problem?" He asked turning to me and Donnie.

"Well.... we were on patrol when a hooded figure attacked me and left a symbol meaning family on my wrist, I was wondering if you knew anything about it and why it's there?" I sai showing him my wrist as I sat down in front of him.

"Hmm.... I believe it is there because the hooded figure may have been a relative to you... either it be a mother, father, brother or sister" he said scratching his chin as he thought.

"But.... my family died a long time ago to both the Kraang and the shredder! How is this possible?!" I say in shock, how could a family member of mine leave a mark like this and attack me?! It just doesn't make sense!

"I know this might seem confusing and a shock to you, but it is true..." splinter says calmly and firmly.

I stood up and both me and Donnie bowed, splinter nodding his head in a bowing type of way.

"Thank you for your advice master splinter..." I said and smiled.

"Your very welcome (y/n)... it is my pleasure to help you" he said giving a warm smile, I smiled and waved goodbye.

"So..? What did he say?" Mikey asked excitedly.

"He said it might be there because the hooded figure may have been a relative to me... either it be a my mother, father, brother or sister" I explained.

"Really?! Why would a family member attack you?!" Leo asked in shock.

"No idea Leo" I said shrugging.

Soon we went back to our usual hanging around and usual routines.

Little did we know that something would be coming for revenge.....

Hey guys! WolfGamerGirl264 here! Sorry for the late chapter, I think I'm getting a cold since I have a blocked nose and sore throat... 😖
I hope you can forgive me for the late chapter....!

Leave a comment on what you think and leave a vote and I'll see you! In the next chapter... bu-bye~!