Chapter 21

Chapter 21: say that again? The turtles get kidnapped

[Your POV]

My eyes fluttered open as I saw I was laying in my bed, slowly sitting up, I looked around. Confused as to how I could've been in the middle of a sewer tunnel one minute, then laying in my bed the next.

I swung my legs to the side and stood up, walking over to my bedroom door, exiting my room and into the living room. I was almost immediately tackled to the ground by a excited, happy Mikey, who had his arms wrapped around my neck with tears of joy rushing our of his eyes dramatically.

"(Y/n)!!!! I'm so glad that your not dead!!" He cried out rather dramatically.

I chuckled as I pat his head "glad to see I'm not dead either Mikey"

A familiar voice rang out as footsteps were coming towards me "get off her Mikey before you end up strangling her to death."

Looking up and past Mikey's shoulder, seeing Raph with his arms crossed, I smirked and Mikey got up, allowing me to get myself up and brush off the dust off myself.

I absentmindedly did a head count and realised that Donnie was missing from the group, raising an eyebrow, I queried "where's Donnie?"

"In the lab, doing his weird nerdy stuff again" Raph responded, pointing a thumb behind him at the door to the lab. I nodded a thank you before excusing myself.

Arriving at the lab door, I knocked on the door, I heard someone call out from inside and I let myself in. Sitting in his usual desk chair, sat the purple masked ninja turtle I had gotten to know and love.

He was inserting a needle into his neck, the placement of the needle being on a small red bump smack bang in the middle of the back of his neck.

'That's odd, when did that red bump appear on his neck?' She thought.

I shrugged off thought - deciding not to question him about it - before smiling.

"would you like me to get you anything else?" I queried "like, did you want me to grab anothrr cotton bud or a certain ointment?"

He simply shook his head with a smile "I'm alright thanks, could you get me a water though?"

Nodded with a smile, I turned and left the lab, grabbing a glass of water when she got into the kitchen, before returning towards the lab. A loud thud could be heard from the lab, causing my eyes to widen and running to make sure everything was ok.

With a quick sudden skid into the lab, I saw Donnie mumbling curses to himself under his breath as he picked up what to see a collapsed pile of books sprawled all over the floor.

Quick dashing to his side, I put the glass of water on the table, kneeling next to him and helping him pick up his book. He smiled gratefully - whilst showing off a smile to signify a thank you - and stood up with a small pile of his books in his arms.

I myself stood up as well, smiley brightly with my own armful of books. We both set them onto the table, Donnie resting his hands onto his hips.

He turned to me before saying "how'd you sleep? Oh and don't worry 'bout explaining what happened yesterday, Splinter and the guys filled me in on what happened... I'm so sorry that I hurt you all..." he apologised, rubbing the back of his neck whilst looking at his feet.

I smiled gently, before walking closer to him and hugging him "its ok... You weren't in control of your actions at the time..."

He smiled and returned the hug, before letting go and looking into my eyes, before speaking up "um... (y/n)? C-can I tell you something..? It's really important..."