Chapter 11

Chapter 11: prom night

(Your POV) (1 month later)

It had been a month later and during that time April had admitted me into her school, school was fun but I missed having free time during the day and hanging out with Donnie.

Today was the last day of school and apparently they were throwing some kind of school dance, April had explained to me earlier what it was about and I didn't really feel like I wanted to go, one because I wouldn't have a date to go with and two I didn't want to feel like a third wheel for Casey and April.

"What are you going to wear for the dance?" April asked as we were grabbing our stuff out of our lockers for the last double period.

"I don't think I really want to go" I said shrugging my shoulders, grabbing out my science book and shutting my locker.

"What?! Why not?!" She asked in shock.

"Well, one because I don't have a date to go with and two I don't want to be the third wheel for you and Casey"

"Nonsense! You'd never be a third wheel for me and Casey! Besides someone's bound to ask you to the dance and if they don't their missing out on meeting someone like you!" She said smiling widely and grabbing her history book out.

"Besides you don't necessarily need a date to go to the dance, people only bring dates because someone either asked the people they like to the dance. Some people don't have dates and they go to the dance with their friends anyway cause it's fun" she said in a matter-of-fact tone, I just chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Fine~! I'll go, but if you ever want me to leave just let me know ok?" I said seriously.

"I promise I will! Anyways, cya after school (y/n)!" She said happily, she waved goodbye and walked away just as the bell rang, I waved goodbye and then headed towards my own class.

(Time skip)

It had been a few hours later after we had bought our dresses, April was wearing a long, yellow dress and I was wearing a long, soft fabricated dress.

(April's dress)