Chapter 13

Chapter 13: the abandoned ice skating rink

(Your POV)
I was pretty bored today, it had been a week since I had been sick and I had felt heaps better since yesterday.

I then remembered a memory of me going to an abandoned ice skating rink when I lived on the streets, a smile grew on my face and I checked my phone, seeing it was nine o'clock at night, I thought it would be the best time to go there without being spotted by the police or by anyone in that matter, I stood up and walked into my room and grabbed my things I needed.

"I'm heading out guys!" I called out as I put my bag over my shoulder and started walking out.

"Where are you heading out to?" Donnie asked walking out of his lab.

"I'm heading out to a place I use to visit when I lived on the streets, I'll see ya later ok?" I said waving goodbye and rushing off to the abandoned ice skating rink.

Little did I know someone had followed me.

(Time skip)
As I jumped off the roof of a building and landed silently onto the ground, I stood up straight and looked at an old sign that had it's paint peeling off and not having any life to it at all.

'Welcome to the Ice kingdom! Come inside and skate to your heart's content!' The sign read.

I smiled and walked inside, the whole place seemed to be taken care of on the inside but looked like it hadn't been taken care of on the outside, I walked over to where they would let people hire skates and grabbed a pair of ice skates, I walked over to a bench and pit my skates on.

Once I had finished tying the laces up on the skates, I stood up and made my way to the centre of the skating ring, I pushed the small door open and stood on the ice.

With one push I started skating across the ice, I decided since no one was watching I could dance like those famous ice skaters did in the Olympics.

I started off by only doing small twirls and hand movements, then I gradually started doing bigger and faster moves as I skated across the ice.

The first big move I did was a  toe jump, then a toe loop, then a flip, a Lutz, a edge jump, a Salchow, a loop and finally an Axel.

Once I finished all those moves I decided to finish it off with a double toe jump then being finished off with a triple Axel.

As I stood there on the ice, my eyes closed, the sound of clapping echoed through the building, I immediately stood up straight and looked around until my eyes laid on a tall, green, purple bandana wearing turtle.

"That was awesome (y/n)!" Donnie spoke up with a closed eyed smile, the gap in his tooth showing off brilliantly, continuing to clap.

"H-how long were you standing there for?" I asked nervously.

"Long enough to see all of your dance" he said opening his eyes and smiling a closed mouthed smile.

"O-oh ok, if that's the case what did you think? I haven't been ice skating a lot so I'm a bit rusty"

"Rusty? It looked like you had been practicing everyday for all your life! Your moves were so on key and graceful!" He said excitedly.

I blushed a bit and smiled, thankfully I didn't fall over and make myself look like a fool if he watched me ice skate for the entire time.

"Could you teach me how to ice skate?" He asked tentatively.

"Sure! You might fall over at first so if you do fall over don't worry, it's normal for beginners" I explained as I made my way over to the door of the ice skating ring.

I walked over to the ice skates and looked for a pair that would fit him the best, I saw a pair that were miraculously his foot size and I grabbed them, walked out of the ice skates storage and handed him his skates.

He took them kindly and sat down at a small bench, putting them on, tying the laces and then standing back up.

As I walked over to the door and got on the ice, I held out my hand to help him skate around for a bit until he got better, he took my hand and blushed a bit.

I smiled and he stood of the ice, he slipped and tried stay up but ended up flailing his arms around, I chuckled and helped him stand up straight again, he smiled back at me and as he held the side of the ring, I skated around showing him the basics of ice skating.

After a while he eventually started getting the idea of how to skate, as I started skating around he followed me by my side, I smiled and we continued to skate, our moves being in sync.

As we skated I decided to test and see if he could do a little bit of dancing on the ice, I started dancing and he must've got what I was thinking, because he started dancing along side me, I placed my hand on his shoulder, he placed his hand on my waist and we both held each others free hand.

Occasionally as we danced he would lift me up into the air as if we were at a royal ball and twirl me around, as we both got an idea to finish of the dance, we separated and skated to the opposite direction of each other, then did a sudden U turn and skate towards each other, once we had reach each other, Donnie put his hands on my waist and lifted me up into the air, while I spread my arms to the side of me and made me look like as if I was flying.

Once he gently put me back onto my feet, we both looked into each others and smiled.

"You've become quite the expert ice skater now Donnie" I said crossing my arms and smirking.

"Welp, I did learn from the best" he said confidently, making me chuckle, I looked up at a nearby window near the roof, I saw it was getting pretty late.

"We should head back home before the guys start to get worried"

"True" Donnie responded and chuckled, skating towards the door to the ice ring, me following close behind.

We sat on the bench and untied our laced, took off our ice skates and put them away, then walked out of the building and ran stealthily back home.

'I'm glad Donnie followed me to the ice skating rink, I had fun skating on the ice with him' I thought as we arrived at the manhole cover and slipped away into the sewers.

Hey guys!
Sorry for the delayed update
I've been really busy with school plus I didn't know what to write for a chapter until now
If you have any suggestions for the next chapter or for the next chapters to come, let me know in the comments!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter though! (Sorry if theirs any mistakes)
Leave a comment on what you think, a like and I'll see you! In the next chapter.... bu-bye~!