Chapter 9

Chapter 9: last straw

I had snuck out of the lair, yesterday I was begging the guys to let me go on patrol tonight but they said no since they thought I'd be in danger, especially after getting this symbol on my wrist.

I jumped across rooftops and would occasionally jump over random objects, I stopped at when I got to the edge of the city that showed the docks. I was about to jump down to explore the docks when I felt someone land behind me, fish face and rahzar.

"Well, well, well what do we have here? The girl who escaped from TCRI and escaped from tiger claw.... now this will get interesting" fish face said while smirking, his thick Brazilian accent showing in his voice.

"Yeah that's me fish face.... now what do you want" I said getting out my (f/w), ready to attack them if they get aggressive.

(Play the song if you want)
"STOP CALLING ME FISH FACE!!!! *ahem* anyway.... master shredder wants you to join his army in destroying the turtles" he said, his evil smirk still plastered onto his face.

"And if I say no...?" I asked hesitantly while getting into my battle position.

"Then we will have to force you to join!" Rahzar cackled.

"Puh-lease! I don't think a slimy fish with robot legs and a mutant dog can beat me any day!"

They roared furiously after I said that and charged towards me, I dodged every one of their attacks and would slash them every time with ease.

Rahzar lunged towards me and I jumped backwards out of the way, jumped forward and kneed him in the stomach, he yelped a dog like cry and I round housed him away.

Fish face yelled angrily and charged at me from behind, my eyes burned white with rage and I turned around just in time to punch him in the face. He yelled in pain and flew backwards, I smirked and went to walk away when someone punched me in the middle of my face.

I fell backwards and clutched my nose in pain, I stood back up and saw it was tiger claw who punched me, I growled angrily and took my hand away from my nose, my palm showing blood so I wiped away some of the blood from my nose and picked my (f/w) back up.

"Is punching all you got tiger claw? Or should I say kitten paw?" I said with a smirk pulling at the corners of my mouth.

He growled and charged towards me while taking out his machete, I stepped out of the way and he growled angrily.

"Stop running and fight me you coward!!!" He yelled and sliced his machete across my right arm.

I winced and clutched at my arm in pain, I quickly got up and jumped up towards tiger claw, I got up to his level of height and head butted him in the forehead.

He stumbled backwards and went to open his eyes again but I had kneed him in the stomach and round housed him in his chest, he yelped loudly and flew backwards into a nearby vent.

"I have had it with you trying to get me to join shredder's army and you attacking me!!! This is the last straw tiger claw!!! Either run away and tell shredder to stop trying to make me join or I will attack you again and walk up to shredder and tell him myself!!!!" I spat angrily.

He nodded and ran away, rahzar and fish face got up and ran away following tiger claw, I smirked but soon fell to my knees, clutching my bleeding arm in pain.

'How am I going to explain this to the guys?' I thought as I sighed, I stood up straight and ran towards the lair.

(Time skip)

I entered the lair slowly and quietly, trying not to make a sound, I luckily didn't step or knock anything over on my way in so I snuck to Donnie's lab.

I slowly and quietly opened the door to the lab and peeped my head through to check he wasn't awake doing experiments or anything, luckily he wasn't so I snuck in and searched for bandages.

'Geez it's so dark in here! Luckily I can see a little bit better in the dark, all I need to do is find bandages, sneak back to my room and-' my thoughts were interrupted by a tired voice speaking through the silence of the night.

"What are you doing sneaking around in the lab this late at night?" I quickly turned my head to see a figure standing in the doorway, the figure flipped the switch on revealing a sleepy Donatello.

"Oh uh heh.... I uh.... was searching through the dark to go to the kitchen and ended up in the lab....?" I said hesitantly, I felt really bad lying to him but just didn't want to get in trouble.

"Mhm sure.... wait.... why is your arm bleeding....?" He said, the tiredness in his voice being replaced with worry, I sighed in defeat and turned to face him.

"I may or may not have snuck out of the lair to go on patrol when you said I couldn't.... and I ended up being attacked by rahzar, fish face and tiger claw...." I said, I felt ashamed going out when I was told not to, well I guess I learnt that the hard way.

Donnie's face was filled with anger for a second until a wave of worry and sadness washed over his face.

He walked over to his bench and picked up some bandages from his first aid kit, walked over to me and took my arm gently, wrapping the bandages over the cut.

"Why did you go out when we said no...?" He asked softly, not even looking up at me while he said that.

"To be honest I'm not entirely sure.... when you all said I couldn't go I felt... I felt like I needed to leave for a little bit and find that figure.... I guess that got me into trouble...." I said, my head staring at the ground in shame.

"......it's ok" he finally spoke up, his voice sounding gentle and kind.

"I would've done the same thing if I were in your situation" he said smiling and I smiled back.

"There you go...." he said after he finished bandaging the wound on my arm up.

"You should get some sleep Donnie, I don't want to keep you up any longer, you need your rest"

"Ok then.... you should get some rest too, the fight must've taken a lot of your energy because you look really tired..." he said, a smile creeping up onto his face.

I smiled back and walked out of the lab and towards the couch, whilst Donnie walked towards his room. As Donnie was about to head into his room he turned his head towards me and smiled.

"Goodnight (y/n)" he said quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

"Goodnight Donnie" I said returning the smile.

After that he walked into his room and shut the door, I sat on the couch and stared up at the ceiling as I rested on my back.

'The turtles have been so kind and caring towards me.... their the awesomest friends I've ever had' I thought as I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Hey guys!
Sorry for the late update.... schools gotten in the way but luckily I have two more days left of school and then I get 2 weeks holidays which means 2 weeks of free time to update my books!
I hope you enjoy the books and chapters I make too! Leave a comment on what you think and leave a vote and I'll see you~! In the next chapter..... bu-bye~!
(And yes I did rhyme when I wrote: "this is the last straw, tiger claw!")