Chapter 19

Chapter 19: painful recovery activities and a special family photo

[Your POV] [a few days later]

I sighed as I sat up, it had been a few days since I had been told to rest in bed. I had been quite adamant that I wanted to start activities that would help strengthen my weakened body as soon as possible. It took a while since Donnie was hesitant about doing the activities with only 3 weeks and a few days of rest, but he gave in after a while.

Donnie stood by my side as I swung my legs to the side of the bed, I slid off the side of the bed slowly and winced as soon as my feet touched the ground. Donnie instantly went to help me but I put my hand up to stop him, not even looking at him as I stopped him. I took a deep breath and carefully stood up, my whole body screaming with pain.

All the muscles in my body ached from the electrocution and from being still for so long. Donnie had prepared a few activities that could slowly help me get back to my normal state. There were two long poles and a gap between them big enough for me to fit in but close together enough that I could easily just grab them.

Donnie walked over to them and pushed them forward so they would be right by my side, I quickly grabbed onto the railings. I tried to take a few steps forward, but I instantly stopped from the pain. I took in multiple deep breaths out of the sharp pain, it was like my body was begging me to lay back down.

I of coarse ignored this pain, continuing to take small steps forward, I winced with every step I took, each step feeling like I was walking on needles and spikes. I slowly, yet eventually got to the end of the railings and smiled, my legs shook violently and collapsed from under me.

Donnie saw this coming and catch me instantly, we both smiled and he picked me up, before sitting me back on the bed.

He looked at me and said "your body still hasn't recovered so your gonna have to sit in a wheelchair for a while"

I sighed, but nodded in agreement "alright then, I was hoping I would be able to walk on my own but oh well"

He brought over a wheelchair and helped me sit down onto it, we could hear Splinter laughing and chuckling in the dojo, curious, we both exited the lab to see what was going on.

The guys had been gathered in he dojo in front of the camera, bickering to each other here and there, but looking as if they were having a great time.

Splinter smiled "ah, your just in time, I decided to have a family photo to show how much you've grown and improved"

Donnie smiled and walked over to the guys, I sat on the sidelines with a smile, waiting for them to take the photo, yet they didn't for some reason.

Splinter looked at me and gave me a king smile "would you like to join us (y/n)?"

My eyes widened and I shook my head quickly "oh no I can't, I mean it is your family photo after all"

He simply just chuckled "don't be silly (y/n), your apart of our family too"

Mikey grinned widely from ear to ear and cheered "yeah (y/n)! Come join us!!"

I felt tears arise in the rims of my eyes, I quickly shook them off and smiled, I wheeled myself over to them and situated myself in the middle of the group. Everyone posed in the pose they wanted to do, but at the last second as they photo was about to take a picture, Donnie stuck up two fingers behind Raph's head without him noticing.

Splinter looked at the photo after it registered in the camera and laughed, causing us all to burst out laughing after he showed us the photo, however Raph reacted more so in a way he smacked the top of Donnie's head with his fist. Making a bump appear on his head for a second as she shouted in pain.

Splinter set the camera up again and joined us, but since he was taller then all of us, he stood at the back. The camera beeped a count down and clicked with a flash, the photo registered, showing off a happy, smiling family.