Chapter 8

What do you say when a famous musician/legendary icon DMs and calls you beautiful, then proceeds to tell you he is a fan of your work? Is that even a thing? Does that even happen?

My quickly beating heart triumphs as I click on his profile via the little circle with his picture on it. I have to confirm it's him and not a fan account. Sometimes people are creative enough that their username spelling is almost identical to the real thing so at first glance it appears you're talking to said celebrity when in reality you're talking to a thirteen year old fan.

No offense

Harry Styles it reads right where I expect it to along side the verified symbol.

So it true, Harry Styles just called me beautiful and told me he's a fan of MY work.

That's a reality I can apparently live in now.

Who would've ever guessed?

My lips part as a smile bigger than the state of Texas itself engages upon them. I make one swift move and fall back onto my mattress. How did this happen? Just months ago I was a college student with no hope of embracing the outside world. Now here I am with a million followers on social media, a published book on bookshelves worldwide, and Harry Styles "sliding" into my DM's. Not literally, since I messaged him first, but still. I'm talking to the one and only man that has had my heart for years and probably forever will. That i must say is an accomplishment.

"I am lovely, thank you for asking! How are you? Your words are very kind. I appreciate the gratitude you've brought upon me. I must admit, I'm a fan of yours as well :) You have made my dreams a reality so I am actually beyond lovely. I'm very very lovely. Again, thank you!"

I press send without a second glance. I reread my words and grow angry with myself. Why'd I do that? You would think I'd learn to make sense especially since I'm a "writer" and have a book published. I could've sounded a lot more cool and a lot less nerdy.

Three dots appears within seconds indicating he's typing.

Holy popsicles.

I have his undivided attention.

I thought Harry didn't get online except to post things like tour photos or important movements. He's made that very clear in multiple interviews recently that he stays off media because he doesn't like to see all of the negativity in the world.

Maybe I'm not actually talking to him more so his management?

That would be soul crushing and a dick move. I'd like to hope he's the mask behind himself.

harrystyles: lovely is a word I don't hear referenced to the overall wellbeing of a person. I like it. if that's the case, I am very very lovely too. Oh yeah? I assume we'll both be signing autographs for each other very soon then? Trust me when I say it was my pleasure.

Omg could he be more lovely?

I've gotta stop using that word.

Lovely? Since when is the word lovely in my vocabulary anyways.

My fingers dance around the keyboard. Harry wants to meet me? Getting his autograph would be nothing compared to seeing him in person less than 5ft away.

Throwback to his concert last year when I thought being in the 10th row was remarkable. Younger me had no idea what was to come.

I'm starting to sound cocky, aren't I? I don't like that.. This isn't me. Speaking as if I'm a big deal is not the woman my parents raised and I will not let a little publicity cause me to act any different.