-Chapter 38

A week and a half later

Peeta

"Alright is everyone ready?" Katniss whispered whispered to the my  brothers and her ladies except for Jo.

It's her birthday and we have a surprise.

"Yeah we are" I say and Katniss slowly opens the doors to her room and we sneak inside.

Once we are all there Katniss sings a small part of a song her parents used to sing to her.

Today it is your birthday
And we sing to let you know
That you will be queen for the day
Whatever you say goes.

It's been ages since I heard Katniss sing, but she does still sing beautifully.

Jo awakes.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO" Katniss exclaims throwing herself onto Jo.

"Thank you" Jo laughs, "well this is a fun way to wake up"

We all go up to Jo individually and give her a hug.

"And now for presents cause you won't be able to open them later because of the ball" Katniss pulls out her 2 presents.

We are all carrying one.

"Fun!" Jo exclaims and we set our gifts on the table.

All my sibling got Jo dresses. The girls bought her jewelry.

I bought Jo 2 wine bottles of her favorite wine. It's really hard to find since its only made in Portugal but I managed to have Gale send me some.

"That one is from Philip" Katniss says as Jo picks up a box.

"How nice of him" Jo says and pulls out 2 beautiful pieces of jewelry. Jo's jaw dropped, they were covered in dozens of diamonds, surely they must cost a fortune.

"Stop it!" Jo exclaimed to Katniss

"He spent ALOT of time on them, he really wanted fo capture your essence" Katniss laughed.

"God! This must cost a fortune" Jo said.

"Don't even worry about it" Katniss shrugged.

"I'm going to need to find a special place for this bad boys" Jo set them on the side with a laugh and picked up the remaining box.

She opened it and inside was a letter.

"Katniss this is really sweet and all but you know I can't own land, it would immediately go to my father or if I ever get married to my husband" Jo said sadly.

"It's protected my me, the land is yours and even if you get married it would all still be under your name" Katniss said with a smile.

"Katniss thank you" Jo gave Katniss a hug.