-Chapter 9

Katniss POV

I flip the page of my book as I hear a soft knock on the door of my office.

"Your majesty, Prince Peeta would like to speak to you. Should I let him in?" Carlos, on of my guards stands opens the door.

"Thank you Carlos. Yes please allow him to enter" I reply smiling at Carlos. He bows and allows Peeta to come in, he closes the door behind him.

"Hello love" Peeta comes over and kisses my cheek.

"Hello Peeta how's your day going?" I ask him.

"It's going weel although I expected to see you at breakfast" He smiles at me.

"Yes sorry about that. It's just I recived mail from an old friend from Greece and I couldn't wait to see what shs sent me. So I had breakfast bought up here" I tell him.

"And you still haven't eaten, your food must be cold" He point to the tray of untouched food thag was brought by Margaret about 2 hours ago.

"I got lost in the book" I say as I bite my lip, Peeta laughs.

"Yes I think we can all see you like reading" He points to the 2 bookshelves behind me. I laugh.

"I like to educate myself"

"Noted. So whats the book about?" He now points to the book in mg hands.

"It's about greek mythology, the stories of the gods and goddesses" I answer.

"That's intresting I never thought a queen, let alone a catholic queen would be so intrested in learning about other peoples religions" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Like I said before I like to keep educated"

"I'll tell you a secret though, I also love greek mythology"

And just like that I knew we would be here for hours.

"So tell me, who's hour favorite primordial deitie?" He asks me and I smile, finaly I can talk to someone (otger than Philip) about my intrest in the goods.

"I love Nyx, she is the best primordial dietie. No question" I answer, Nyx was the goddess of night and one of the most amazing and powerful goddess feared by mortals and even Zeus.

"I beg to differ, I think Gaia is the most important. I mean she is the earth" Peeta shakes his head.

"Nyx however gave is The Fates, Thanthos, Hypnos and so many other vital gods" I move my hands alot to get my poing across.

"Gaia gave us the Titans, enough said" He ends his argument.

"Alright what about Titans?" I aks rolling my eyes.

"I think we can all agree thag Rhea is the best" He answer and I nod, I won't argue because I do think she is the best.

"Gods or goddesses?" He asks me now.

"Persephone, Artemis, Hades and Dionysus and Hera on most days" I say immediately.

"I did not expect that why them?" Peeta laughs.

"Well Persephone because I just love how her duties co contradicted eachother, she was the goddess of spring while she was the Queen of the Underworld" Peeta nods. "Artemis because I really cpmmect with her personality, she was the goddess of the moon and I love the night, she was also the goddess of the hunt and I love to hunt. Dionysus because, he was the god of wine and I love wine. And Hades because he was often misunderstood, all he wanted was someone to love him that's why he took Persephone and also he is just the King of the Underworld and I admire that alot. And Hera because she was the goddess of marriage and she probably had on of the worst marriages and she took her anger out on the wrong person"

I spoke for like 2 minutes and he listened, contemplating and analysing what I just said.

"I never thought about them like that, my favorite was always Hestia, Aphrodite and Hyponos"

"Hestia is often a forgotten goddess, why do you like them?"

"Well I love Hestia because she is the goddess of the home and I concidered myseld to have had a good home and I think she is vital in a marriage. Aphrodite because she was the goddess of love and I like to think I'm romantic. And Hypnos because he allows people to sleep and I love sleep"

You can tell alot from a person based on what they like, and in Peeta I see a family oriented, romantic guy who cares alot about the people close fo him.

"That's wonderful, what about stories. Tell me your favorite story"

I just want to listen to his voice its so calming. And I do, our convesrafion went on for hours until dinner. In dinner he told me he would travel to Spain for a diplomatic mission and that he was leaving tomorrow and hopes to return next week.

***

We love a power couple. I would like to point put this is a couple months after the last chapter. They are lovers but no one knows.

Anyway anyone intrested in a Hades/Persephone fanfiction.

Do you guys like mythology? Let me know I need mythology friends T.T

anyways love yall.

vote comment if you'll like.

I'm a Ferrari 🚘

-esme x.