-Chapter 25

Katniss

"I can't believe you did that by yourself" Peeta exclaimed as I finished telling him the story of how I go our son back.

"I know but the only thing on my mind was that child" I said.

"You could have told me" Peeta stated

"Be honest. Would you have let me go?" I raised my eyebrow even though I knew the answer.

"I mean no but.." He started but I cut him off.

"YOU SEE" I laughed.

"I'm just glad you are both safe" Peeta kissed ny hand and our sons forehead.

We had some changes done now. The biggest one being that the baby will sleep in our room, we had his crib moved into our room. And also we won't have nannys during the night unless we ask for one.

Peeta and I were sitting in our bed contemplating our baby.

"He has your eyes" I spoke with so much love as our son opened his eyes.

"He has your hair and your nose" Peeta stroked his head full of dark brown hair.

"I love him" We both said.

Peeta was holding him when Haymiched walked in, he had been out of town for the birth and had just arrived.

"Is that a baby I see?" Haymich smiled.

I laughed and motioned for him to sit down.

"Oh my godness he is so precious" Haymich gasped.

Peeta carefully sat him in Haymich arms.

"Would you look at that, I'm holding a tiny prince" Haymich smiled lovingly, "a very tiny prince"

He booped his nose.

We all stayed there until it was time for bed.

Once our family is here we will have his christening which is where we will announce his name.

The day after the baby was born my parents arrived. My father said he had a feeling the baby was going to be born sooner than expected.

His reaction was priceless.

"A LITTLE PRINCE" was his immediate reaction. I laughed and motioned for him to come over, I set the baby in his arms and my father teared up.

"I promise I will protect you" were his first words to my baby.

"My baby had a baby" He kissed my forehead.

I smiled and teared up a little bit too. Seeing my father with my son just made me so happy.

Everyone else was also super excited to meet him.

Philip's reaction was one of my favorites.

"It's a literal baby" He said when he saw me holding my son when he walked in. "No, it's not your baby cause it's not born yet"

"What do you mean? I'm literaly holding him" I laughed.

"Stop! Are you serious?!" He looked at me in the eye.

"Yeah" I laughed again.

"I'M A GODFATHER" he exclaimed throwing his hands in the air.

"YES YOU ARE" I said with as much enthusiasm as him.

"WELL MAY JESUS CHRIST DESCEND FROM THE HEAVEN AND TAKE ME,  IM A GODFATHER" He exclaimed once again, this time we both laughed.

Once he approced me I set mh son in his arms.