-Chapter 13

IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS CHAPTER IS FIRE AND I WANT TO READ REACTIONS SO PLEASE COMMENT.

HAPPY READING!

Katniss POV

"Okay so I think everyone already knows why we are here" Peeta adresses everyone in the room: my parents, his parents, Haymich, and his brothers.

"No we don't, some of us are just waking up" I say yawning, I probably do know why we are here but my brain doesn't fully wake up until I had breakfast and I haven't had breakfast.

"Yeah Peeta why are we here?" Haymich agress with me, everyone looks ready to start their day but me and him we are still in our robes.

"Katniss, we are engaged. Remember the marriage contract" Peeta rolls his eyes.

"Who's idea was it to make it so early? Seriously I haven't even had breakfast" I say.

"Honey it's afternoon already" my father laughs.

"Alright then Peeta please proceed" I nod.

"I already ordered breakfast for you so you can eat while we discuss" Peeta kisses my forhead.

"What about me? I barley woke up too" Haymich questions.

"You too Haymich" Peeta says and holds my hand.

"I don't get a forehead kiss" Haymich teases.

"Haymich stop trying to steal my man" I joke with him and we laugh.

"Honey lets continue" my mother says.

"Okay" I say, I was about to continue but our breakfast was brought in by Glimmer.

"Thank you Glimmer" I say, she bows and leaves.

"I think that both France and England could benifit from this union, we can increase trade between our nations and France is willing to take Engalnd as our primary source of trade for things that are harder to obtain in France. In return France expects that England would do the same" Haymich speaks as the Lord Chancellor of France and also as my primary and most trusted advisor.

"We also know about Englands economic crisis and France is willing to help with that by lowering the cost of trade on grain and agricultural products as long as England agrees to completly get rid off the tax that it put on its citizens just because the crown needed money" My father now takes a turn to speak.

"That's ridiculous England needs that tax money to pay for our new palace" Peeta's mother speaks.

"What's better, keeping the people on your side by feeding them or having a new house?" I questions them.

"They have a point" Peetas father says.

"I will let you decide after all, I'm just looking for what could benifit France, the decision you make doesn't affect me as long as my people are not starving" I take a sip of my wine.

"England will also be your country" the King of England says.

"As long as I'm concered I was banned from England when I was 14" I take a sip of my wine, Peeta and his brothers look confused.

"Mother what is Katniss talking about?" Marvel asks.

"Katniss and I have a longer history that you guys know" His mother replies.

"You know what? I heard enough on behalf of England I accept your terms" King Louis speaks.

"Wonderful. The contract will be written by our advisors, then they will pass it on to you to make sure the terms are right, then it shall be signed on the wedding day" My mother speaks.

"Now let's move on to more important things" Queen Mary (Peeta's mother) says.

"Like what? Everything that needed to be discussed already was" Cato says.

"Where are they going to live, in England or France? We need to have a coronation in England, and one for my son here in France. Once they have their first male heir will it be the heir to the English or French throne? We need this questions answered. The public would want to know immediately" She says, Peeta and I raise our eyebrows, we look at eachother then we look at Finnick raising our eyebrows again.

"They don't know" he whispers.

"God dammit Finnick! They been here for a fucking week" Peeta and I say at the same time.

"Alright I'll tell them" I say. "Peeta and I won't rule England because Finnick married secretly about a month ago"

"HE DID WHAT? TO WHO?" Mary screams.

"To one of my ladies. Annie to be exact, the red headed one" I responed.

"A FUCKING LADY? YOU MARRIED A LADY IN WAITING? YOU MIGHT AS WELL MARRY A PEASANT" She screams at Finnick, while pushing the table away from her and getting up.

"Excuse you? Annie is the most amazing woman and your son is lucky. Also who the fuck do you think you are to talk about my ladies like that?" I get up my chair just like she did.

"Elena, Henry watch your daughter she is being a bitch" She hisses at my parents.

"Louis watch your wife she seems to have forgotten who her queen is" She pushed my buttons.

She stares at me in shock.

"I am the queen of England how dare you talk to me like that?!" She screams, walking closer to me.

"Last time I checked you never became an English citizen, therefore youre still French and I am your queen, whether you are queen or not" I take one step closer to her, I am not afraid.

"You insolent brat" she spits back.

"If I hear one more insult coming out of your mouth youll be sleeping in a dungeon so watch it" I reply back, she huffs. She starts to walk to her seat but she turns and slaps Finnick in the face.

That's it, "GUARDS"

"YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT! THE PLAN WAS FOR HER TO MARRY ONE OF YOU FIRST. YOU COULDN'T HAVE WAITED ONE MORE FUCKING MONTH UNTIL PEETA MARRIED HER! YOU RUINED MY PLAN YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF ASS" She screams as the guards take her out.

I stand there confused.

A plan?

Marrying me first?

The pieces click in my head.

"Katniss, love, please listen to me" Peeta walks to me, an apology look on his face.

"Everybody leave" I say looking at him in the eye. I sit back in my chair, Peeta immediately kneels next to me.

"Katniss please let me expain! It's not what it seems like, please I love you" He is kissing both of my hands.

"OUT" I rip my hands away from him, Carlos (the guard) comes and takes him away.

"I love you! Please Katniss what ever you do don't take off the ring! Let mw expain" He screams as he is carried away.

The door shuts and I'm alone. Two tears leave my eyes. It wouldn't be one of my relationships if it didn't end with tears. So in reality there is nothing new.

°°°

lol you though they were going to get married without suffering a little bit?

i thought yall knew me by now.

anyways i love you.

please vote and comment

baby just let it be 🍷

-e x.