01.

______

You never know what your life is going to bring for you after you step in this world where everyone is trying their best to live a normal and happy life. Sadly only a few percent of people are lucky to live a life like that. They grow up between parents who love each other, go to school, make friends, go on trips with their family, celebrate festivals together, go to college, make more friends, fall in love, graduate, get a job, get married, fulfil their dreams and live their life as per they planned in school and high school.

Unlike these people, there are those 'diseased by destiny' part of people where not a single thing is perfect or normal. It all starts from no normal childhood because of divorced parents or no parents or serious family issues. A man's childhood is its life foundation on which he survives the rest of it. What if it's all messed up?

I belong to the part of people who have no family. I don't remember but Mr. Jones say my parents died in an car accident when I was 8 months old. My Mom and dad had to run away to get married because their families didn't accept their love and were strictly against their children's decisions. Because of running away, no one whom I know, knows anyone from my family or they know but my family doesn't really wants to accept me so they lie to me all the time. I know Mr. William Jones since years. He is an government agent. He has been taking care of finding foster families for me. He is probably the only one I know and I am close to. The people my parents knew aren't relevant to me. I'm a lonely kid.

Being an foster child, since the beginning I've kind of mentally raised myself on my own. I've trained my mind to do and not to do many things, one of them was not to get attached to people or things so that after they leave, I won't be hurt. I believe I'm a strong girl as I've faced many kinds (toxic n non toxic) of people all my life who just kept testing my patience. Like other people, I have a dark part in my life which only I know. I do not think about it anymore as I've buried them deep in the back of my head. Being a teenager without any consistency in anything which happens in my life has been severe time for me.

Me, Alena Wilson a 16 year old (almost 17) high school student has now been transferred to a different town in NY again. The family before couldn't bare my high school fees anymore as one of their kid was entering university this year. Despite of begging William not to send me to some other town again till I complete my senior year, he has send me to a new family in another town. The 'Styles' family.

Now he expects me to adjust into a new fucking life in my senior year. I told him it's just a matter of one year, I could live alone in an apartment. I even have some savings which I collected by working part time all these years. He strictly and straightly denied. William is a very lovely and friendly person. I like him but I hate him the most when he transfers me to some other family in the middle of something.

"Lena. We are almost there, don't forget to smile at them and be nice and not just meet them with a dead face. This family is different. No hipsters, no single parent, no troubling kids, no financial problem nothing. Be an ideal kid, okay?" Will turns around at me who is seating in the front passenger seat of his car.

I snort and roll my eyes out of the window observing the neighbourhood. I seriously have the balls to run away this time too. I do it all the time when I feel like the family is pain in my ass. It's my way of telling William to send me somewhere else. I'm a pain in his ass. But he cares for me a lot.

The driver pulls the brakes slowly, stopping the car out of a fair sized typical American house. I step out of the car with my bag hanging onto my one shoulder. I analyse the house for a few seconds before following William to the porch with a blank face. This was usual for me so I wasn't excited for something new about to happen to me. That rarely happens to me.