"Your dad's right. I would really like to do that someday. I'll bring you to India since you seem so skeptical, Mr. Skye."

His eyes narrowed,

"Don't try me. White savior."

River turned back to his friends, laughing as they discussed the game plan for tonight. A few hours later, as they were sitting on the couch, nearly falling asleep as they watched nonsensical cartoons, Robin realized the time and wrangled them all into the car, where they squeezed into the seats.

When they pulled up to the school, it was quiet, but it became extravagantly louder as they got closer to the football field and heard the roaring chatter of students over the loud music being played by the DJ. Salt-N-Pepa's "Push It" was blaring on speakers, and as students waited for the cheerleaders to come out and do their routine, Robin and her friends all found seats. The event was like every other pep rally, except it was one last hurrah for the seniors. People went all out, and did everything they could to show up and show out.

There was a break to get food in the hallways outside, and Robin decided she would get a snack for herself. So she stood up, pulling up her jeans and shrugging her shoulders back, the sleeves of her oversized jersey falling back.

She glanced around at her friends,

"You guys want anything, I'm gonna get a pretzel for myself."

River looked up immediately, concern flashing in his eyes.

"You want me to get it for you?"

"No, it's okay," Robin smiled reassuringly.

"We're good," Corey announced, and Robin nodded, hopping off the bleachers and down the steps, past all the streamers, decorations, and balloons and out into the hallway.

She made her way into the hallway and pushed through a sea of people just to get to the pretzel stand. While she waited at the back of the bus, running her finger through her five bills, she looked around, observing the familiar faces around her. There were a lot of people here who she knew tonight, as expected. But something about it felt sentimental.

She wouldn't be seeing them again until graduation, and after that, who knows when she'd see them next? Sure, a lot of them were people she only occasionally said hi to, or people she was only friends with because she saw them five days a week, but she had grown accustomed to seeing them throughout the year. Crazy how it had been a year, anyway.

But of course, there were those people who you'd rather not see, in the first place. And Robin was looking at two of them at that very moment. She saw them out of the corner of her eye around a line together but not in it, holding animated conversation.

She kind of did a double take since they were together and so animatedly, so friendly, when last time Robin had checked they were broken up, and seemed to despise each other. It wasn't her business. But by the time she looked away, it was too late. They were already walking towards her and smiling.

She wasn't looking, but she could feel their presence. She knew that sinking feeling. She pretended to look around elsewhere as if that would make them turn around, but they kept walking towards her. And finally, she tapped Robin on the shoulder, and when Robin turned around, she saw Stacey's wide-eyes and bright smile gawking at her and Dennis standing next to her.

"Hi Robin!" Stacey trilled, high pitched in Robin's ear before she had time to walk away or tell them to leave her alone.

"Did you want something..." Robin pressed, folding her arms and glancing between both Dennis and Stacey.