Christmas Special

I WROTE THIS ON CHRISTMAS EVE SO WHEN I PUBLISH THIS IT'LL BE CHRISTMASSSS!!! BITCH I'M HYPED. OK SO BET ! EVERYTHING THAT IS CURRENTLY HAPPENING IN THE BOOK (relationships, plot, etc) ARE STILL THE SAME EXCEPT ROBIN AND RIVER ARE A HAPPILY OPEN COUPLE OKURRRT. OH, BUT ROBIN'S FRIEND ARIELLA IS AT THEIR HOUSE (bc they always used to stay at Robin's house during the Christmastime).

read chapter 35 if you haven't already!

     Robin stood in the mirror in her glittering night gown next to Ariella, who was wearing a short, mauve-colored minidress. Robin had already opened all of her gifts and had dinner with her family, and now she was going out to a Christmas party that Elizabeth was having at her house. She was willing to go because River would be there there and he would give her her gift. And she was also willing to go because she was with her best friend, Ariella, and nobody from her school would be there besides Feldman, Heather, Corey, and obviously River.

     And despite the fact that it was Christmas and so of course Elizabeth's parents were home, she said they would stay upstairs the whole time and not get tangled in their activities. That meant everyone would be drunk out of their minds, but a festive drunk. Besides, Elizabeth's parents didn't really mind, mostly her mom, but her dad was stricter.

     "Oh, Birdy, our first Christmas night without you. And you too Ariella. We really are with you both every Christmas," her mother brooded.

Ariella frowned too, but Robin shook her head,

     "You'll be alright. Besides, the girl's parents are home, you can even call them if you want."

     Her dad waved a hand of unconcern,

     "Oh come on, when have you ever gotten in trouble? We trust you."

Robin smiled, clutching the keys to her new car that they had gifted her for Christmas in her hand.

     "Me too?" Ariella asked hopefully, and Robin's parents glared at her playfully.

     "We know better, Ariella," said Robin's mom, making everyone in the room laugh.

Ariella's mom ran over to her, beginning to shower her in kisses.

     "Stay safe, mi nina."

Ariella wiped her cheek off with the back of her hand in disgust and made a face, peering further into the mirror,

     "Yuck, mom, you got my cheeks all wet with your lipstick."

     "Bite me," her mother responded, and Robin guffawed.

She loved the relationship Ariella had with her mother. Not that Robin didn't have a good relationship with her own, but because she just thought they were so cute and mischievous. Together they could paint the town.

      "Vete," Ariella snapped, waving her mother away with her hand. "Ok, come on, Birdy, let's go."

They arrived to Elizabeth's house within twenty minutes. It wasn't too loud from the outside, nor did it seem too crowded. Her house did look loud, however. It was decked out in Christmas lights and decorations from head to toe, and lights speckled the house like spotlights. Ariella's eyes widened.

     "Wow," she breathed. "This is almost as good as the houses in Georgia."

Robin smiled to herself,

     "Yeah."

If there was one thing she missed about Georgia, it was the Christmas season. Even the rude white people seemed to get a little bit nicer. The weather wasn't so bad because it was fairly warm down in Georgia, and although it did take away from the Christmas spirit slightly, it made things a little bit cozier. In Boston it would sometimes get below freezing during these times, and Robin couldn't help but think back to being in warm, cozy Georgia. And the houses were always nicely decorated everywhere she went - the normal neighborhoods where her friends lived, the ghettos, and the rich, less diverse neighborhoods. It really was merry.