3

Chapter 3

A few hours later, around three thirty,  guests started arriving at their front door. Robin, being the only child of the household was inviting the guests in and putting their jackets on hooks.

    "Thanks!" a white, blonde young lady thanked Robin at the door.

She reminded Robin a lot of Marilyn Monroe, what with her curled hair and red lipstick. Her coat was white and fuzzy, and the way she carried herself said something. Something like: "I'm your dream woman." She disappeared into the kitchen and Robin sighed, leaning near the door and waiting for more guests to flood in.

    Not long after, the doorknob twisted and Robin straightened up, putting on her best "welcome!" smile. However, to her slight dismay, it was not an adult guest that walked in, but the two Coreys- River following close behind.

    "I, ah, hope you don't mind me being here," River smirked, turning to face Robin as the Coreys stood beside him.

    "Yeah, his dad told us before he left that we could come over instead of him," Feldman shrugged, and Robin noticed the chocolate chip cookies he held on a platter.

    "What's that for?" Robin nodded towards it.

    "Oh, well, River's sister made vegan chocolate chip cookies at her mother's demand to give your family their condolences that they couldn't be there. She also hoped it would make up for the fact that she was bringing three loud teenage boys over instead of two civilized adults."

    "Loud? Not in my house, Corey," Robin raised a brow at his choice of words.

    "Right..." Feldman nodded, then walking briskly out back to set the cookies on the picnic table and hopefully greet Robin's parents in the right way. Robin turned back around with her arms folded, watching as Corey Haim whispered something into River's ear.

    "Corey thinks you're sexy as hell, even when you're angry," River said, in between giggles.

Corey rolled his eyes,

    "What happened to brothers honor, man? I thought we were in this together. Screw you," Corey Haim walked off, following the other Corey outside.

It was just Robin and River now. Robin couldn't help but notice that River had dressed rather smart, in a blue button shirt with a tie and dress pants and shoes. Robin was wearing a simple pair of shorts and a t-shirt with ballet shoes.   

    "You dressed up..." Robin tugged slightly at River's tie from a distance, and then let go.

    "Dad told me to- bit too hot for this thing anyway."

Robin was surprised,   

    "Hot? It's cold as hell, what do you mean, kid?"

She'd momentarily forgotten about how used she was to Georgia weather.

    "It's seventy degrees! I could get to sweating in this if I didn't want to look good."

    "Seventy degrees?" Robin scoffed. "Please."

River furrowed his brows, putting his game face on,

    "Bet you couldn't take wearing a suit in seventy degree weather."

    "Oh I could. Down in Georgia, it felt like one hundred degrees all day, and I had to wear khakis and shirts to school. I'm a little chilly," Robin joked, a smirk forming on her lips.   

    "So that explains it. Hey- it's getting a little odd just standing around here. Wanna go outside?"

    "Nah, I have to watch the door, see who's coming in so I can greet them," Robin shuddered.