26

Chapter Twenty Six

(Tuesday). The next day was rather uneventful. Robin only worked Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, so she wasn't dressed particularly nicely. In fact, she wore a UCLA sweatshirt that belonged to her father and some gray sweatpants. Her hands stayed in her pockets and her head stayed looking down at the floor throughout the day, as she'd been up the whole night and was tired, the bags underneath her eyes practically falling to the floor. She tried to hide them with coverup makeup, but it was no use.

She'd almost fallen asleep in every class, and had been woken up by Mr. A in quite a dramatic sequence during his lecture on philosophy, which Robin couldn't care less about. She was embarrassed, but her sleepiness won over the embarrassment, and she was able to let Corey and Feldman's crude comments slide in one ear out of the other and avoid River's concern for after class. Besides that, the day was sluggish, slow and uneventful. Until Italian class.

"Hey, Robin," Dennis whistled from the back of the room. "Saved a seat for you."

Robin scowled,

"Don't whistle at me."

Dennis shrugged and took a look at the room and all the filled chairs that Robin failed to notice,

"Don't see where else you're gonna sit."

It was like the wind had been knocked out of Robin's chest as she looked around the room. He was right, for once. All the chairs were gone. Cursing to herself under her breath, she shook her head and grit her teeth.

"You're kidding me, right? All the way in the back?" she hissed, squinting her eyes at him as she came closer to the back where the table they'd both be sitting at was.

Dennis pushed back her chair for her and frowned innocently at her,

"Why the long face?"

Robin grunted loudly,

"You- ugh."

Not too long after, Ms. Tigre closed the door and walked in front of the class, starting her lesson. Robin made sure to pay close attention, especially since she was sitting next to Dennis who was admittedly pretty hot and was also a disruptive, cocky asshole. Luckily, Dennis stayed quiet almost all the way through... until he didn't.

He was tapping his foot against the floor, his knee hitting underneath the desk he was sitting at. His palm was pressed harshly against his knee and he looked like he was in distress, looking back and forth from Robin to the front of the classroom, then back to Robin again. Robin pretended not to notice, but couldn't keep up her act when he started pestering her, trying to get her attention,

"Psst. Psst. Pssst!"

Robin snapped her head to look at him and her eyes widened dangerously. She scowled at him, before whispering,

"What?"

He smiled his pretty-boy white toothed smile and his dimples showed up, which only made Robin hate him even more,

"Nothing. Just wanted to see if you'd respond."

Robin scoffed,

"Ugh."

She turned her head back to the teacher, who was announcing a test date. Great, now Robin would have to schedule a tutoring session plus an assigned date with the world's biggest egomaniac.

"We'll be having a test on these subjects this Friday."

"Hey, no fair, there's a game on Friday!" Kelly Kapowski (cheerleader in competition for the spot of head cheerleader with Stacey) complained, her brunette ponytail (tied with none other than a school color themed ribbon) flying along with her head which was looking around furiously.