Sweetness

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 56-
Sweetness

She heard the bombardment of attacks and self-preservation while she laid there. The grass was so soft. If her arms were free, she would have scrunched up the dirt, smelled it, and felt the pebbles sting her palm with their toothy edges.

Hinata stared at the blades of grass, mesmerized. "Wow..."

Hinata took another shallow breath, realizing something terrible. The snakes wouldn't stop squeezing her entire body. She- she can't breathe.

She panicked. There were people looking down at her, doing nothing. They were frozen, unwilling to aid her. She was sure she was blue. This felt like being force-fed those healing, medicinal leaves from weeks ago.

It tasted disgusting. Black tainted the edges of her singular vision. She's being held down again but by a different snake. It brought back all that dismissed pain. Flashes of memories started getting to her.

This is your home.

It's all your fault. All those lives. All those people you didn't save. They died because you don't believe in a better world controlled by the DCA.

Despair. Death. Chaos. I don't think I will ask again. Will you serve me?

The Blood Trials that you asked for are what we have to sign up for.

Are you Remy and Winter or are you mine?

Survive. Survive. Survive.

This is your home.

You made what was borrowed your own. Our child, Kazuo-tan.

Isn't he amazing?

At the funeral. I saw you smiling. It was a good day, bad day, the worst day of your life and you smiled. I saw it and I thought, I had to make you love me.

I won't hurt you. I won't hurt you.

This is your home.

Don't make me be death, a demon or evil to you. You won't endure that.

Paradise, of course.

Don't worry, my lady. I shall take c-care of you.

This will kill all of the germs. The bugs in your stomach, too.

This is your home.

Ryouta Chai Uchiha.

This is your home!

Hinata awoke with a gasp, her mind spinning with this supercut of that hell and how it haunted her.

It smelled like burning fire and smoke.

Hinata blinked and coughed a lot. She didn't kill Akuma. She didn't kill him because of Kabuto. Why's it so hard to breathe? She's gasping for breath through the guilt. All of her frustration settled in her skull, giving her a bad headache.

But she's looking at the sky, hearing some bird's chirp, feeling feel of the wind, the smile of the sun. There were several flimsy snake corpses around her, sliced open in two. She couldn't focus on that. She looked away to that sky.

How could the sky be... so blue? It looked like a mild, mossy blue, with black holes. The sky never had... smooth white skin, huge, expressive eyes with stress lines creasing its soft presence. The sky never yelled, either.