Nevermind/Don't Go

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 30-
Nevermind/Don't Go

7 years ago.

March 12th. Nighttime.

The best way to die the list:

Fighting

Sustaining life-ending injuries from a fight

Seeing Sakura and Naruto happy

Suicide

Getting washed over by a wave in a riptide

Fighting was logical. He came to die at the hands of the Raikage. It wouldn't be a historic death. Sasuke relished injuries... If he feels intolerable pain then honest, numb relief, then... all is fair in the universe.

Fighting is honorable, it's what they do. Sasuke received his first kunai at age three. He knew what violence looked like, and what death was like too.

He's gotten mad headaches, grappling with potent memories of Itachi's. Archives with files of the Uchiha made him inexplicably discouraged. Old venom emotions came up, hurting him like the devil.

He never preferred emotions. He never liked loving or leaning on people. Men were supposed to be on their own, by themselves, strong without the tangles of feelings.

  ¤¤¤

March 31st. Afternoon.

He kicked himself for missing Sakura's birthday... but he was better off.

In the bird's chirping, unchanging Kumo was quite comely. Streams cut through the landscape. Great mountain views, the stars really shone at night, like raisins in a bran muffin.

Everyone's laughs passed on their faces like wind brushing through pine trees, pebbles, and boulders.  

Everything was in the clouds; the buildings, the trees that grew and the life that flourished. The altitude made him feel important but unwelcome in the walkable public realm, mainly the village roads.

He gravitated towards the tallest Kumogakure building; the Raikage tower. 

The tall prick Raikage promised to assassinate Sasuke if they ever met again in the tower. Its glassy windows reflected in the white sun, gleaming like a light on a starless night. He won't die by Itachi's hand like he was supposed to but someone else who despised him. 

Suddenly, a newspaper flew onto his leg.

The title grabbed his attention; Kumogakure's Raikage Makes Unadvised Decision To Meet With Notorious Village of Bloody Mist's Godaime's Mizukage... see more on page 6.

And he read;

As more and more citizens of the politically corrupted and despotism-supported village-center of Kirigakure defect, the Godaime Mizukage seeks help from Kumogakure as their economic growth hits an all-time low. After the reign of Yagura Karatachi ended, the village hidden in the mist was stuck in a great recession without any diplomatic relations or stable law procedures.

The Mizukage grouped her efforts in reforming the desolate country by meeting with three of the great village's Kage, to plea for external aid and possible loans. However, it is said that only the Raikage responded to the desperate letters and the Muzukage will meet with our beloved Raikage on March 30th.