Weeks

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 52-
Weeks

Echoes of steps and distant arguments carved into her bones.

There was an odd weight on her left thigh. Coldness around the nape of her neck and legs. Staleness of air and antiseptic made it a strange place to awaken in. In the vast darkness, Hinata felt relaxed, safe, until someone sniffled and messily blew their nose.

Hinata wasn't alone.

"My lady, I cry rivers until I see to it that you are healed! Ah! The tragedy. The horrid reality that our pawns are not loyal..." A wet voice, ugh Reize, said.

Out of that nice emptiness, Hinata was on a chilled table.

Her ear felt raw, quakes of pain stopped her from moving her head. Her ear was partially bitten off by that spear. Whoever threw it... had courage. They should've finished the job if they tilted their elbow up.

Her hand, her face and hair were wet with blood. It was hard to breathe in the hot air. She was so deep in this demon's pit. Akuma must've brought her here. Just how much time she lost was a mystery.

A thin towel covered her torso, breasts and private parts. She's so sore.

"You merit death, more torture, less food- less access to the world itself! You guaranteed that this serum wouldn't affect her in negative ways," Akuma demanded, his voice harsh and disappointed.

"You might have given her too much of a dose. Her Hyuuga body depends on chakra too much." Kabuto accused.

"Do not make this my master's fault, you insect!" Reize snapped. Reize's stood to scream at Kabuto. "He expects the utmost respect and quality from results to schemes to experiments. You don't dare get to say he is capable of mistakes. He is the embodiment of foresight and wisdom. Clear the most from your eyes or else I will disarm them for you." Reize finished with a loud huff.

It was quiet after that lecture.

"As always, it is a pleasure speaking to you, Reize-sama," Kabuto chuckled but it was an empty laugh accompanied by an empty tone.

Suddenly, the sonorous tinny sound of metallic bowls, glass scared her.  Bursts of medicinal herb scents filled the air.

The loud cacophony forced Hinata to finally blink away the darkness and followed the noise. Akuma pushed over a counter filled with medicine, scalpels and metal bowls. It gave her flashes of doing surgery and freedom.

"Master... you mustn't be worried about naught. I will take care of this and make the insect pay for ever overlooking his place on our hierarchy! Please do not release your anger." Reize pleaded.

Fluffy, sodden tissues littered the dark ground like a handful of galaxies and stars in a vast night sky. Blood, other substances and bones coloured the blackness. Reize has been crying all night or all day. Actually, Hinata didn't know what particular time it was.

Hinata's tingly arm flopped, suspended over the edge of the table. Her fingers were bowling balls, heavy and cold.

Akuma took away her chakra and she can't heal properly. No matter how much he tried, she'll have to heal normally. He didn't think this would happen and a temper tantrum ensued.

Reize blamed Kabuto and didn't notice Hinata's dry throat and twitching limbs. Watching things crash to the ground and break, Reize watched the chaos with her black eyes- worried and hysterical.

With red-rimmed eyes, Reize glared at Kabuto. "You scum, you put him in a frenzy! I should see how many times you can choke without shredding your throat! You, clean it up! Why haven't you moved?! Are you denying an order?"