Ice Eyes

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 38-
Ice Eyes

September 16th. Morning.

The next morning was chaotic, to say the least. It was a wonder that they were all in the Hokage tower, suited up and ready to go. It was hard.

Sasuke was gone and so was Mitsuyo. They weren't in trouble or in any danger. Hinata saw Sasuke leave with his sword and his dirtied up forehead protector. He told her to go back to sleep and covered them with the blanket Benjiro kicked off in his sleep.

He just said he's visiting an old place he knows. He kept on sending small tender looks with a sad smile. What old place? Poor Sasuke.

She just cuddled closer to Benjiro and
slept.

Now, hours later, they stood outside of Kakashi's office building. The twins were hand in hand with her while she guided the boisterous boys. The twins happily behaved.

Benjiro yawned loudly, leaning his head on her side. "Ka-chan, I wanted to sleep," he commented. "I hate motels,"

"I'm as tired as a dog. Neighbors aren't supposed to be so loud," Taiyo agreed, also leaning against her hip.

Hinata sighed too. "Boys... you liked motels when we were traveling," Hinata said apologetically.

"Konoha is naturally noisy. Too bad it can't drown out the idiots," Someina said.

Benjiro and Taiyo laughed.

Later on, Hinata told Someina to wait downstairs with the twins so she could meet with the Hokage. Taiyo and Benjiro were desperate to stay with her and begged. She eventually allowed them to accompany her so they wouldn't cause any trouble for Someina. Hinata knew they were precocious, mischevious and clever... who could easily outsmart Someina with one of their schemes.

The group went up all the levels and stairs... until the top floor and headed to Kakashi's office. Hinata marched purposefully to the door and two gruff shinobi from the sand country blocked her. She could tell they were sand shinobi by their scarves and forehead protectors.

"You are not permitted to go inside, miss," One gruff man explained.

Hinata was not impressed. They waited for fifteen minutes, coming here early. "Why not? The Hokage scheduled a meeting with me and my partner at nine o'clock. It is nearing 9:15,"

The guards had no sympathy. "Being punctual is your responsibility. The leaf's Hokage-sama is meeting with a more important guest than you,"

"Who?" Hinata asked.

"Sunagakure's Godaime Kazekage; Gaara of the sand village,"

Hinata huffed. So that's why there was a suspicious amount of sand shinobi in the halls. She sent a summoning snake with a message to Mitsuyo, who also seemed to be missing. She wanted to check the stadium if Sasuke was there.

A few minutes later, a man with purple paintings on his face appeared. He turned to the guards who waited outside of the entrance to Kakashi's office. "Tell Shinki and the Godaime Kazekage that I will be at the stadium. Escort Godaime Kazekage and his son to the stadium. The fight starts soon,"

"Yes, Kankuro-sama," the guards said, determined. "We will not let you down,"

Gaara has a son? Hinata didn't know that. Was he handsome like Gaara? Was he older than Benjiro or younger than Hiromitsu?

So, Kankuro was tall and buff. He obviously had muscle under the drapes of clothing he wore. His long sable-black shirt was up to his calves. It was tied with a red sash at the waist and he had a puppet hanging by his side. His purple markings on his face made him look dangerous.