Uchiha's Thorn

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 22-
Uchiha's Thorne

December 18th.

Winter weather walking annoyed him. They trudged back from the damn cave where Kabuto was found, still in a damn genjutsu. "We have nothing," Jugo lamented, sighing, breaking the silence.

Suigetsu shook his head. "We still have hell. That's something. Woe is me. We're going to hell," Suigetsu uttered.

"What's new about that," Jugo agreed, looking morose.

"That damned Orochimaru and Kabuto. They have nine lives, like cats," Suigetsu spat.

"Or cockroaches," Jugo supplied thoughtfully.

"Who cares, they're still snakes," Sasuke said. He looked at the photo of Hinata, contemplating. Does she always drink peppermint tea? I thought she'd taste like cinnamon, he mused.

Suigetsu said, "You don't have to always look at that damn photo,"

"Che," Sasuke said, putting the photo away. "What's it to you, Suigetsu?"

"You used to say nostalgia blinds the weak. Dude, you're looking at her every four seconds. I don't think it's nostalgia; you're just missing her. Look, I get it, she's a girl of all seasons,"

"She's a summer girl, a summer cinnamon girl but I'm partial to bluenettes," Sasuke revealed. "Her real identity is Natsukawa Momo but she prefers Nata or 'Hinata' for strangers. It's her make-belief identity when we're outside of Kagegakure. It reminds her of the vegetable fields her family used to harvest before they died. Konohagakure shinobi killed 'em,"

Suigetsu bared his shark smile. "Not that they haven't killed a whole clan before... But Konoha made her an orphan," Suigetsu nodded. "That's sweet. She doesn't have family and she makes one with you. You're probably the worst choice but that's devout. Like all your honey bee girls you attract,"

Sasuke offered a look that lacked brightness. "Orphans usually find each other. So don't bring up Konoha around her. Touchy subject. She's originally from Hareru; Kagegakure no Sato. All Natsukawa died there from an unknown cause. Hinata was a popular name in Kagegakure because the name is a representation of the sun-solared people. Her name all over the shinobi headquarters is Miyazaki Eren,"

Suigetsu scratched his head, confused. "Huh. I thought it was the Hyuuga Hinata. The white-eyed princess with a huge bank account. If men can get past the crush on Naruto, they'd appreciate her-"

"Shut up. I'd never want to be tangled up with the Hyuuga," Sasuke seethed. "Hiashi and I had a meeting- the worst time of my life. Such a dick. Anyway, we have to focus on the task at hand,"

"What difference does it make if Kabuto's alive?" Suigetsu complained, moaning again. "I'd rather look for my sword,"

"He would have been the one who's operating with Orochimaru behind the scenes, outside of Konoha," Sasuke replied. "Kabuto wants revenge and this is perfect. I'm not proud of it but he'd be out to kill me or Hinata and Benjiro,"

Suigetsu rose a brow. "What's a Benjiro?"

Sasuke scowled. "A stray kid Hinata's taken in. I have to protect him. Hinata will kill me if I don't," he studied at Suigetsu, poison in his tone. "Is Bunya Jimpachi on the list?"