Talking

Sweet Dispositions

-Chapter 4-
Talking

"UH... HI," HINATA WHISPERED AGAIN, LOUDER THIS TIME.

Naruto rubbed the back of his neck and smiled down at her. "It's nice tuh see you too, Hinata. I know that I've been gone for a while. Sakura-chan talked about you, Ino and Konoha non-stop. So... it's refreshing to see you all," he grinned. "Honeymoons are awesome but it's nice to be back in Konoha..."

Hinata didn't pay attention to his words, she was lost in the blue of his eyes. It was easy in this blue. His eyes had the same startling clarity as a mountain stream... The curves of his lips and his sharp jawline were fascinating.

Hinata missed most of the words he said. Hinata was captivated by his face and his words and his mouth. Thankfully, her brain finally concentrated on his words rather than his lips.

"Sakura-chan has been looking for you. She says that she has some cooking books for you to use- since you like 'em and cooking and such..." Naruto smiled.

Naruto examined Hinata's face with squinted eyes.

Naruto suddenly looked absolutely shocked. "Hinata!" Naruto cried in an alarmingly confused tone. "Are you alright?"

Hinata nervously snapped back to reality. Did she do something wrong? She didn't know where to put her hands or how to stand properly around him. Wait, was it her outfit? Was it the way she parted her hair? She was confused... Was he asking about her well being?

As he did a slow- once-over, his gaze paused on her midsection then her legs then back to her face. He was astonished.

"Naruto-kun? What do you mean?" Hinata asked him as he blinked at her. "Is... everything alright?"

Naruto's eyebrows went up as he stepped back. "You're different..." stated Naruto in a low, wondering tone.

"D-different?" Hinata stammered. "How?"

Hinata blushed, loving how his eyes were scanning her body. She felt like an exhibit that he was trying to do research with his eyes. He jumped back because of how close he was. He rubbed the back of his neck and gave a smile.

"It's the good different. You know when you get a different type of ramen flavor and it tastes good?" he supplied. "That kind of different."

Naruto laughed. Hinata decided -not for the first time- that his laughter was her most favorite sound in the world.

Hinata looked up at him, beaming. She bowed slightly. "Thank you...Naruto-kun."

He looked confused by this. Argh. Is she acting weird? Probably! Why did she bow?!

Hinata floats on cloud nine while around him. Hinata and Naruto stood there in this cloud of good, cool feelings until Hinata felt the worst burning on the side of her face. It was the heat someone got when being stared at.

Hinata turned to find the angry gaze of Keisuke. Guilt rushed through her veins. Keusike scowled, not at her but at the situation.

Jealousy?

Naruto followed Hinata's gaze then looked back at her, eyebrows furrowed. "Hinata-chan," Naruto announced while backing away.

Melancholia came back as Naruto was leaving. It was taking all the good feelings she had. She wanted to reach for Naruto then hold him close. Naruto cleared his throat and looked in between Keisuke and Hinata.

"I have to get back to Sakura-chan... She's waiting for me," Naruto finished.

I'm waiting for you too, Naruto-kun, Hinata thought.