"I can't. What about Joshua?"

"You'll be a better mother to him than I ever was or could be. My life went downhill after I started messing with your marriage and I brought Joshua  into that mess."

"Everybody makes mistakes and we all deserve a second chance."

"I'm sorry Maia, for everything. Take care of Joshua. Maybe one day you'll tell him about me."

"I will. The good things, of course."

"No, tell him the truth. He needs to know everything to survive in this world of selfish and deceitful people like me."

"It's okay, Kayla. I forgive you."

"Thank you." She stated before taking a big gulp. "I never knew why I did it, but I wanted to be you. You had everything you could ever want." Kayla started coughing profusely.

"Easy." I advised her.

"I'm getting tired."

"They're getting some help." You could hear the ambulance sirens getting closer.

"Let go."

"You were a friend of mine. How can I?" That kind of reminded me of Kelly Price.

"Please, Maia. My body can't take this pain anymore."

"Say a prayer. It's never too late."

"Can you do it?"

"Sure, close your eyes. Lord, Kayla knows she has sinned against you, but have mercy on her. She gives her life to you as her time has come to join you in your paradise. Receive Kayla's spirit for she is your daughter and protect her son as he grows into a man. In the name of Jesus we pray, amen." Her eyes were closed and her body was still. She had a slight grin on her face like she was in peace. "Kayla?" I shook her; not even a twitch.

The paramedics came, but I knew there was nothing they could do for her. It would have to be a miracle. I slowly got up as they checked her body, before hauling her away.

"That was beautiful how you tried to make her feel comfortable before she, you know. Everybody was just standing around recording and taking pictures." Benita commented as I took a deep breath, pushing back the tears.

"Like they did when X got shot." Kobe mentioned.

"Yeah."

"How do you know her?" Kyrie asked me.

"That's Joshua biological mother."

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine."

"Come on. Let's go." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked to the car. Kyrie opened the door for us to get in the backseat as Kobe and Benita sat in the front. I had to break the silence because things was getting a little awkward on the ride home.

"So, how did you guys meet?"

"It's actually funny. It was at a 7 Eleven when we were both reaching for the last strawberry frosted donut with sprinkles."

"I let her have it."

"What a gentleman."

"It wasn't that. She was ready to pounce on me with those claws."

"I was in an unhappy relationship. My boyfriend was in prison and he wouldn't be getting out for another two years at the time."

"It must have been hard."