Rivals

Natsu and Lucy has been rivals since they were kids. They excels on everything as hateful enemies. Not to mention they always ended up as classmates AND unluckily seatmates. They even entitled as the Ultimate Rivals.

The class started as usual and their teacher singlehandedly distributed their test results.

Lucy proudly smiled getting 99 score in the exam but her happiness died down after seeing Natsu getting a perfect score of 100. He smiled while looking at Lucy.

"Try harder, rival"

Lucy gritted her teeth in annoyance as she draw Natsu while putting a devil horn on him.

P.E classes came afterwards and their teacher announced to group themselves into two as pair. Other students immediately partnered with someone leaving Natsu and Lucy alone.

"We'll we don't have any---" Natsu was cut off by Lucy who raised her hands in objection.

"Yes, Heartfilla?"

"Ma'am, I envoke my right to pair with other student. Him and I are rivals and rivals don't pair. We don't match!" she bursts. Natsu amusingly watched her in accord.
"I don't see why not. Actually, you two are perfect for each others..." their teacher said. The other students shouted in agreement with their teacher. She was about to speak out feeling embarrass when the teacher beat her in doing so as she gave instruction to the students. 

"Better keep up with me, rival" Natsu murmured to Lucy's ear going beside her. She humped in irritation can't change the situation she's in.

"Tsk! You say it to yourself!"

"...Our activity for today is called scavenger hunt. Each pair will be given a specific number in which they will start and proceed to the next number after. The first pair who can finish every task from number 1 to 15 will be the winner." Their teacher announced. They started the game by picking what number they are. Lucy picked their number and got the last number which is 15. Their teacher whistle signalling the start of the game.

"Take a bridal carry selfie with your partner..." Lucy read aloud. "...What?! Are you kidding me!"

Without any second thought, Natsu carry Lucy bridal style. She was a bit surprised at the sudden action as their eyes met with each others.

"Your heavy." Natsu announced. Lucy got annoyed. "...But it's fine. I can manage" he gentlly said.

Lucy felt a struck of flustered of what he said. 

"Take a selfie now or else we're going to lose because of you..." Lucy humped at his annoyance and take a selfie as they proceed to the next number and so on.

Lucy happily got the final number 14 excited to win the game.

"Shout out your deepest secret at the field" Natsu read the task this time.

"Okay! Let's do it!" Lucy high spirited boasted as she ran instantly to the field.

"Lucy, wait!" Natsu shouted but no use.

Lucy enetered the fields' gate but she was horrified of what she saw. Her boyfriend is kissing with other girl. Her body felt numb couldn't stand the scene in front of her. Suddenly, Natsu blocked her front view with his body and hugged Lucy tightly.

"...I got you..."

XOXOX

Natsu sat at the fields bleachers while Lucy cried pathetically beside him. Natsu were about to hand her a handkerchief when she used his shirt to sneezed in. He widen his eyes in disgust.

"Hey! Be a lady-like for once and be mature enough to face what life is!" Natsu lectured. Lucy gave him a puppy reddish eyes because of crying.

"...Can't you be a friend just for today! huh?! Can't you see, this is how mature women would act with this kind of situation!.." she bursts and continue crying.
"...People like you would never understand because you didn't fell in love for all of your life!"

Ouch! That hurt. He might be as cold as ice but he has still heart. Lucy realized what she said and embarrassingly take back what she announced.

"I-I'm sorry...I d-didn't mean to.."

He sighed deeply in understanding and take off his scarf and wrapped it around Lucy's neck.

"Stop crying already. He isn't worth your tears." he gently mentioned while fixing the scarf. Lucy hint a shade of blush and stopped crying immediately.

"...Good girl. Now, do you still want to finish the game?"

She smiled warmly at him as she nod simultaneously and regain her old self. She take the lead with enthusiast.

"I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I AM AN IDIOT WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE! AND I SWEAR I'LL NEVER BE THAT IDIOT AGAIN!!" she shouted from the top of her lungs. She smiled happily after taking off the burden inside of her. "Natsu! It's your turn now"

He warmly smiled in response and go beside her to participate but before he could say it, Lucy reminded him something.

"Natsu. Don't play safe and honestly say your deepest secret, okay? Be a man for once!" Lucy playfully mocked. He smirked at her and pinch her nose.

"Ouch! That hurt!" she protested. He snicker at her reaction. He breathe heavily before bursting.

"GREATEST PHILOSOPHER ONCE SAID THAT THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE. SO, HERE IT IS. I REALLY LIKE SOMEONE BUT SHE IS TOO NAIVE TO FIGURE OUT MY FEELINGS TOWARDS HER. YEAH! THAT'S IT!" he ended. Lucy stared at him with amazement and awe.

"Wow, you're not a gay like I thought you are! You have a crush!" she said in disbelief.

"What did you said?!"

Lucy gave him a peace sign. "But wait, do I know that girl?"

"You don't have to know it" he coldly said as he started walking back to their class.

"Is she our classmate?"

"No"

"Do I know her."

"No..."

"Since when do you like her?"

"Stop it, Lucy"

"Is she studying at our school"

"Shut it already.."

"Wait, Is she a SHE???"

"Lucy! What question is that!"

Lucy continued interrogating Natsu who annoyingly regret that he said it. She's acting stupid like she is.

[A/N: Gosh Lucy! If I'm in there I will kill you because you're so dense. It's you baka! (-_-) ~sigh~ ]

T H E * E N D

~Sayounara
Scardy_lol.out