A NERDS WAY OF FLIRTING

Heavy weight and the slippery feeling coming from her face awaken Lucy from her fantasy bookland. As she opened eyelids sticky tongue from her pet greeted her as it licks her face to wake.

"Bobby... Stop it. It's too early, go back to sleep." She murmured tiredly. But her dog didn't understand her a bit as it continue to dampen her face and now barking loud.

"Woof! Woof! Woof!"

"Bobby... please stop.."

"Woof! Woof! Woof!"

"Okay, okay! I got it Bobby. Okay? I got it. Geez, so noisy..." she said quitely as her sleepy state are now vanishing slowly. She look for her eyeglasses to give her a better and clearer vision of her sorrounding. But when she finally come to wear it, the time on the alarm clock that supposed to wake her up gives horror to her face.

"I'm screwed..."

30 minutes before her first day of class starts. Now, she can totally affirm that sleepiness is out if her mind as adrenaline kicks in.

"Why didn't you wake me up Bobby!?" Lucy eyed her dog in disbelief.

Bobby only respond with quizzical look to his owner.

Lucy hurriedly get out of her bed to do her morning routine and made it to school in less the half an hour!

But as soon as she step a foot on the floor, it landed on a soft yet sticky thing.

Her eyes widen in realization without the need to look at the thing in her foot.

"BOBBY!!"

Have you ever felt that the world is all against you and there's still more to come just to make you feel even more worst than it already is? Guess, that what Lucy is right now. Like a flash of lightning, she made all the necessary things to be done. Took a bath, put uniform, eat sandwich for meal, packed some leftovers for lunch, feed her dog, clean Bobby's poop with a reminder to self to never give him a treat before going to sleep and now on the main highway waiting for a bus. Yes, she made it all happen and she might even beat her record from the last time she remembered.

'I still have 20 minutes left. If I can take the bus now and consider the traffic jam hmmmm, that'll give me fair minutes to be on time' she thought to herself while checking her wristwatch.

If you're asking why would she be in a hurry if today's yet the first day of school. Well, it all thanks to Levy Mcgarden, her one and only bestfriend. Lucy is really not fond of first day even if she's called a 'nerd', she'd prefer be absent today and make some lame excuses just like what she ought to do every year. But this year is special or to put it by Levy's words the 'last and precious year of their lifetime'. She made a promise, force to made a promise; to be present on this day. And Lucy being Lucy who dislikes hassle and confrontation said Yes. Now, she's thinking of regret why she agreed to it.

Lucy being swayed by her deep thoughts, she didn't realized that the bus is now leaving without her.

"Oh no, no, no! Wait!" She tried to shout and run to it but failed miserably.

"Argghh!!" She cried. Affirmative, she's really regretting this day.

Another bus will arrive for another 10 minutes and she cannot wait for that long. Her estimation and calculation to be on time will be put to vain. Her efforts to make this day happen will be waste. She won't let that happen.

She spotted for a vacant Taxi on the go and hire got it.

"Looks like luck is still in me..." She smiled in accordance but it immediately vanished when it does not stop for her but for a girl besides her which is a lot prettier than her nerdy looks. And to make her blood boil, the girl give her a mocking smile before getting inside.