Bestfriend

Have you ever been in love to someone that is in love to somebody else?..Or have you ever been in love to your bestfriend that's love is not meant for you? Well, I do.

Our moms are bestfriends ever since, so it is very usual that we follow the steps of our mother. When we were young, Natsu and I (Lucy) used to play together many childish games like hide and seek, house game, video games and even playing Barbie dolls. I even remember when we still play the house game as him as the father, I as the mother and his pet cat Happy as our so-called child.

"Awe~, Happy is so cute in his sleeping state. I am relief that he isn't like his father..." young Lucy said while watching the sleeping cat on their small tree house above the mahogany tree.

"Luce, what do you mean by that!?" young Natsu responded with a 'hump'.

"Oh~Nothing. I only meant that our child is the most cutest thing that have ever created, thanks to his cutely childish father." young Lucy said, portraying her role as the mother.

"You forgot to say his beautiful yet annoying mother!" young Natsu added that was received a smack in the head from Lucy."Ouch! What was that for!?"

"For calling me annoying." Lucy defended but can't stop the blush from escaping that Natsu called her beautiful.

"Luce when we grow up, do want to be Happy's mother and marry me and we'l live happily ever after?" young Natsu asked totally oblivious about what he is talking.

"W-w-What are y-you talking about?!" young Lucy stuttered in shocked.

"I saw it on tv that when a man and a woman has a child, they must marry and live happily ever after" young Natsu innocently said. But then again he received a smack from Lucy. "Ouch! Again?!"

"Because you are talking nonsense" blushing young Lucy defended.

"I'm only asking, you know" young Natsu said while rubbing his head.

"Yes" young Lucy said.

"Yes, what?" young Natsu asked.

"Stupid. You ask me to marry you when we're old. I said Yes! You stupid son of Dragneel" young Lucy said blushing really hard.

"Yes?Yes! Hahahaha! You'll gonna be Mrs. Dragneel! Hahahaha!" young Natsu shouted while running in circles.

"Shut up Natsu! You may wake up Happy!" young Lucy said but deep inside she's dying in happiness.

But just like what they say; past is past, what's really important is the present.

We were like glue that is inseparable but when puberty hits you, everything changes. You started to feel changes in your body, how you act and curse your hormones because you'll start feeling strange on how you feel on someone. I remember the first time I almost confess to Natsu. Almost.

(A/N: Natsu-italic bold, Lucy-italic)
It was our Senior Prom. My partner at that time is Loke Celestia one of campus chick magnet and total fuck boy with high standards. If you're thinking why him and not Natsu, talk to our teacher. Fortunately, he got chicken pox that leaves me alone on our prom night. I saw lovers dancing on the floor and that's when I came to realize. I will confess to Natsu.

I saw Natsu on the other side and I waved at him to be recognized and luckily he did. And I swear! He looks so handsome with his black tuxedo. We meet halfway and stopped in the middle of the dance floor.

"Hey, Natsu!" I started.

"Hey, Luce!" He said while smiling happily.