Amnesiac {Dean x Reader}

Gif is totally unrelated lel I just don't like leaving the title section empty.

dedicated to @CaitlinLucas2

"She's Shifting Again!"

"Get Doctor Morris here NOW!"

"My god, what is she."

Voices swim around you, fading in and out as your eyes struggle to open. A sliver of light peeks through your hooded eyelids as a doctor leans over you, face contorted into confusion and horror.

"Where am I?"

12 hours earlier

"Dean stop we have to get up." You giggle, halfheartedly pushing on your boyfriend's chest as he kisses your neck.

"I don't want to." he mumbles into your neck, making you shiver and momentarily forget the hunt that Sam had just texted you about. You push his chest one more time and he rolls over, pouting next to you. "Fine. We're continuing this later though." He grumbles at the ceiling.

"Whatever you say, Love. What should I look like today?" You ask him, standing and looking in the mirror.

"Don't shift. I like you the way you are." He sighs, propping himself up on an elbow to get a better view of you.

"Dean you know I have to. It's safer on hunts, especially since we're hunting another shapeshifter. You know they all know who I am. The monster and the Monster hunter and all that." You say, grimacing at the statement that had been trailing you since you left your shifter pack to be with Dean, killing other shifters since then. Dean sighs and gets out of bed, jeans hanging low on his hips. He wraps his arms around you and puts his chin on your head, examining you in the mirror lovingly.

"I know. I just don't want you to ever forget your real body in exchange for someone you think you should be." He says, kissing your hair.

"I'll never forget my actual body, Dean. Don't worry. Now stop being sweet and get dressed, Sammy is probably already in the car trying to hook an iPod up to Baby." You coax. Dean gasps and rushes to get dressed.

----

You look behind you as you run, cursing under your breath when you see one of the shifters close on your tail. You really shouldn't have been surprised it was a trap, the shifters had been trying to kill you since you left. You had tried to stick with the boys, but suddenly they were gone and you were running for your life. You cry out as you feel the burn of a bullet in your left calf, barely having time to brace your head before you hit the ground.

"What a pathetic little shit you are Y/N. You used to be so much harder to find." Sneers the shifter. The tall, darkskinned man in front of you was unfamiliar, but the harsh Texas lilt to your former shifter brother's speech never changed.

"Maybe you just got less stupid, Damien." You growled up at him. "Where's Dean?"

"Ah, the lover boy. That's really not your main concern right now." He laughs, his words punctuated by a swift boot to the throat. You choke for air as the heavy tread presses nto your windpipe. He leans down over you, a light sheen of sweat over his forehead. "Goodnight, Princess." He sneers, his cruel smile the last thing you see before his boot collides with your head.

----

Dean's POV:

By the time I came to, the place was cleared. The sons of bitches had me surrounded way faster than I'm proud to admit, and within a minute I couldn't see Y/N or Sammy anymore, and a minute more I was knocked out.

"Sammy! Sam! Y/N?" I called, pacing the halls frantically for two of the most important people in my life.

"Dean! Over here!" Sam's voice called weakly. I rushed to his side, doing a quick scan for Y/N that didn't reveal her.

"Sammy, are you good?" I ask. He nods as I help him up, no mortal injuries appearing. We wander the halls for an hour, showing no sign of Y/N other than a scuffed up and bloody part of the floor, various stages of shifting remaining on the floor. "Y/N is gone. And if she's alive, shes anyone. Fuck, Sam."

Your POV:

The doctors had tried their best to explain things to you. You had a broken arm, 4 bruised ribs, a Traumatic Brain Injury, and high grade amnesia. What they couldn't explain, though, was why your body kept rejecting your skin and becoming someone else. You were terrified and completely alone, except for the people staring wide eyed through the window on your door. Tears of humiliation and fear slid down your face as you tried to remember who you were and why you were there and how the hell your actual body was changing. Something moves in the corner of your eye and you turn towards it, noticing a commotion in the hall.

"Sir you cant just look through the rooms. This is a private ward and obviously your friend here is in need of medical attention." A nurse demands towards a surly man searching the rooms. The fear towards the stranger turns into curiosity, your brain itching to tell you something. As you study the strangers tall, leather clad form, your mind calms down and the shifting stops, settling on a thin blonde frame with wide blue eyes. His head dips into your room and hesitates, eyes traveling over you.

"Sorry, Ma'am." He apologizes in a rough mildly southern accent, nodding at you. "I'm looking for someone important." He mumbles, looking at you one more time before dipping out of the room. "C'mon. She's not here." The other tall man in excessive amounts of flannel follows behind him, limping as they exit the ward.

"Sammy." You mumble to yourself as the door swings shut behind them. "Sam-SAMMY!" You yell as you pull the wires out of your good arm, body shaking as you stand and desperately try to dodge nurses and get back out to the men. You had no idea why you knew them but obviously you did and that was something. "SAMMY!" You yell hysterically as hands wrap around you and pull you towards your room. You kick and thrash until the door swings open and everyone looks up to the one your brain had decided was Sam. "Sam" You cry weakly, and he strides forward, somehow convincing the staff to hand you over. He gently scoops you up and holds you to his muscular frame, carrying you out to a black Impala in the parking lot.

"Sammy what the hell?" The gruff leather man called out.

"I don't know, Dean. She was screaming my name, I have no Idea who she is but if she knows me, shes coming with us." He argued.

"Fine. Put her in the middle, She's probably too weak to sit up without us beside her." He sighs.

The drive to... wherever you're going is mostly silent, the only noise is the other man humming Zeppelin. You stare at him in wonder, your head screaming at you to remember him. He looks over at you and frowns in confusion.

"What. Why are you looking at me like that." He mumbles, taking turns glancing at you and then the road.

"I don't know. I must like that song or something. I have amnesia I guess." You mutter.

"Well its a good song, so props to you." He pulls into an obscure driveway, parking the Impala. "You're staying in my room til we figure things out." He mumbles, picking you up and carrying you through a massive bunker. Your eyes wander in awe as you stare at everything, a strong sense of familiarity running through you. He brings you to a simple but quaint room and places you on the bed before turning and shoving some girl things into a drawer.

"What's that?" You ask, curiosity getting the best of you. He whips around and glares at you.

"None of your fucking business." He growls, hiding the rest of a females belongings. You jump when he yells at you, heartbeat picking up. You groan in despair when you feel the familiar itch of your skin crawling as you get ready to shift. He turns and looks at you in confusion, staring at your skin and watching it start to bubble and peel off. Your face heats up in shame as you realize he's going to lose his shit.

"I-I'm sorry. This seems to be a thing that happens to me. I promise it'll be done soon," You hopelessly reassure.

"Y/N?" He whispers, stepping forward and cupping your face in his hands. Your brain snaps back into place a little bit at the sound of what feels like your name.

"Dean."

Agh I dunno what this is it was so much better in my head.