Jinn pt. 2 ||Sam||

Jinn pt 2

Song: Just a dream by Nelly

tw: suicide attempt

"Y/n actually let ME fly the plane last week." Dean tells Sam. Sam quirks an eyebrow at you, taking a drink of his beer.

"Since when do you know how to share?" He teases. You smack him playfully and head to the kitchen to grab everyone another round. The boys immediately start arguing over some dumb video game and you smile at your little family. The last week had been amazing, but you still hadn't told them about the fact that since your nightmare, you can't remember anything about you and Sam's life before that night. You were worried you'd hit your head or something, getting constant flashes of hunting creatures with your deceased sister in a life you'd never led.

"y/n. Come on. He's gonna come back, you have to wake up."

You whirl around the kitchen, looking for the source of the voice that hadn't stopped haunting you. It was everywhere, all that played on the radio, all you heard when you closed your eyes.

"It's a dream, you have to snap out of it. Whatever he's showing you isn't your life." The voice begs. You finally snap and grab a large knife from the knife block.

"If it's such a fucking dream, then maybe if I die i'll wake up. ...or it suddenly won't be my problem anymore." You trail off. Just as you plunge the knife into your side, Sam runs into the kitchen screaming your name.

"y/n! Oh thank god. Come on you can do it." Annie encourages, standing in front of you. Your head struggles to turn as you look around the dirty abandoned parking garage around you.

"Sam?" You whisper, voice hoarse and scratchy.

"Who the hell is Sam?" Annie asks in confusion. A loud crash comes from behind you and Annie swears. "He's back, fuck. Stay right here, I'm gonna finish this."

You barely see her walk away before your vision goes dark.

———

It had been three months since your breakdown. It had been awkward at first, Sam taking time off work to constantly watch over you with red eyes. He never said it out loud, but it was obvious how crushed he was that you had tried to take your life. The doctors had prescribed you some pretty strong anti-psychotic medication and you stopped having flashes into the other world your brain had created.

Two months after, you were allowed back to work. You could strictly fly copilot, which was difficult, but you were at least always assigned to work with Dean.

"Ready to go, captain crazy?" Dean asks, buckling his harness in. This was the first flight you'd been allowed to pilot, after your month of probation went by without a single flaw. Dean had never tried to act like the suicide attempt didn't exist, instead embracing it and making lots of jokes which helped you feel way more comfortable around him. Your best friend's eyes still held the worried look you'd gotten so used to, but it was understandable.

"Takeoff time, Captain Douchebag." You say, reaching for the radio. "Flight 1127 ready for takeoff, rolling to the runway now." You tell the tower, receiving confirmation shortly after. Whatever psychotics they'd put you on had somehow brought back your memories of flying, and you were excited to finally be up in the air again.

"Sammy says you're doing a lot better." Dean makes conversation when you finally reach cruising altitude.

"Yeah, whatever drugs they got me on fixed my psycho brain." You laugh as you flip off the seatbelt sign. The flight attendant knocks on the door and you check the outer cockpit camera, almost crashing when you see Annie standing in the parking garage.

"You're almost out of time." She cries.

"Whoa easy there, what the hell?" Dean shouts.

"Did you see that??" You shout back, pointing at the camera. You gasp when the camera just shows Jennifer, the worried flight attendant outside the door.

"Put it in auto. I'm taking over." Dean demands, suddenly serious. "Ground control, this is Co-pilot Winchester. Captain y/l/n is showing symptoms again, permission to take over for the duration of the flight." He radios in.

"Permission granted. Medics will be waiting when you land at JFK." A crackly voice responds. Before it disconnects though, another voice slips through.

"Fuck it, I'm cutting you down."

You give Dean a terrified look, but before you can say anything, everything disappears.

"Y/n?? Hey it's me come on. Please wake up." Annie cries, voice suddenly right in front of you. You groan as you roll over and throw up, unable to even hold yourself up.

"Oh thank god, I didn't know if I could cut you down without waking you up first. Holy shit dude it's been almost a week. I thought you were gone. The Jinn showed up when you woke up last time and I had to run but I came back and killed him yesterday and I've been waiting for you to wake up." Annie rambles, hugging you tightly. You hug her back weakly, your heart breaking at the loss of your boys.

"I'm sorry Sam."

———

You had tried desperately to go back to normal for Annie's sake. Every time you started to feel better though, your eyes landed on your empty ring finger and you lost it again. Annie tried to get you to talk about what you saw, but you couldn't bring yourself to tell her about the man you'd fallen in love with in months that had passed in your fantasy.

"There's a job in Baltimore if you want to take it, just a spirit. We don't have to though if you want some more time." Annie carefully asks from her seat next to you at the bar.

"Nah I'm ready. I'm itching to get back into it." You say, giving her a warm smile. She smiles and pats your back, heading to the back of the roadhouse to talk to Jo. You finish your beer and glance around the crowded bar, waving at a few familiar hunters.

"I'll take a beer, and another one for the girl." A deep voice says from the suddenly occupied seat next to you. You recognize the voice instantly, spinning around to stare at the man. He jumps at the sudden movement, smiling at you as you lock eyes. You give him a weak smile, resisting the urge to reach out and feel if he's real. He tips the neck of his beer at you in a salute, other hand reaching out to shake yours.

"Hi, I'm Sam."

This makes my heart feel better.