Timeless ||Dean||

Timeless

song:  Mexico by Shotgun Willy

Everyone wants immortality. Endless time to do everything, see everything, be anything. Imagine how you could live your life if you knew it would never end.

Take a second to imagine the other side though.

Imagine outliving your entire generation. Your best friends, your pets, your mom. Imagine sitting by your ninety year old mother, watching her lose her battle with time when you yourself aren't even a day over twenty.

Being immortal sucks.

"Sammy, why the fuck did they have to ruin television?" You grumbled at the flickering holograph in front of you, trying to get the smooth glass remote to do something.

"I swear to god y/n, you're two hundred and eight years old, you should be used to things changing." Sam sighed as he wheeled into the room. You smiled faintly at your best friend of forty years. No matter how long you lived, you couldn't get used to watching your friends age past you. Sam and his brother had been in their twenties when you'd first met, both young and agile hunters. Sam had been forced into retirement when a werewolf had broken his neck, leaving him his life but confining him to a chair for the rest of it. Dean... you both tried not to think about Dean.

"I've been thinking about him a lot lately, too." Sam mumbled, watching you spin the diamond on your left ring finger around. Sam's sixty-third birthday had just passed, and every milestone that Dean wasn't around for always sent both of you into weeks of remembering.

"I just miss him sometimes." You whisper. The room fell silent for a few moments until Sam cleared his throat and got the tv working for you. He rolled over and dropped the remote in your lap, pressing a gentle kiss to the side of your head before heading back to his room. You tried your best to push your overwhelming thoughts away and focused on the evening news.

"...a 1967 Chevrolet Impala has been stolen from the Chicago Museum of Gasoline Vehicles. Authorities are on the lookout for a white male, early thirties. Bystanders say he was about 6'1" with blonde hair and green eyes. If spotted call..."

You shot up in your chair, dropping the remote.

"Sammy! He's back!"

———

"What if he's not there?" You worried to no one in particular. Your knuckles were white around the steering wheel and the speedometer was pushing well over twenty past the speed limit.

"He'll be there. It's been the same spot every time he comes back." Sam reassures you. You know this, you've been meeting at the same hotel in Kansas ever since a vengeful trickster cursed Dean into an immortal, stuck in a life of uncontrollable time traveling. Your nerves still didn't calm, though.

"He's been gone so long this time. I didn't think he'd come back this time." You whispered. Sam stayed silent, confirming that he'd had the same fear. It wasn't the same for Sam. He had an internal clock, he might not live long enough to see Dean the next time he was in the same time as him. You had forever. You'd always be waiting here for him.

"Next right." Sam muttered, even though you both knew the path by heart. A few minutes later and you were both staring at a clean black Impala, parked haphazardly in a near empty hotel lot. Your heart started pounding as you anticipated seeing your fiancé after six years. You could barely remember his scent, his touch.

It took only a few minutes to get Sam's chair and get him out of the car, a science you'd perfected over the years. You gave his shoulder a squeeze and wheeled him up to a dirty blue door, a faded 124 imprinted in the middle. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door exactly seven times, stepping back as you heard shuffling on the other side. Your breath left your body as the door swung open, revealing the same bright green eyes you'd fallen in love with all those years ago. His face broke out into a stunning grin, spiky hair a mess and still making your heart melt. When he opened his mouth, his voice was like heaven.

"There you are. Hey, Baby."

Oh my god hi guys, i'm alive. How are you? How's life?