Jinn ||Sam||

Jinn

song: Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics

"y/n, wake up."

You sit up with a jolt, frantically searching the unfamiliar room around you. Your eyes settle on a tall, broad man propped up on his shoulder next to you. His hazel eyes are crinkled with worry, long brown hair a mess as he leans down to brush your hair out of your face. You let out a soft scream, scrambling away from the stranger next to you.

"Who the fuck are you?" You ask.

"Uh... it's Sam, y/n." He answers, confused. Your eyes settle on a solid gold ring on his left ring finger, and your gaze shoots to your own hand. Your jaw drops open at the wedding ring on your own finger. You finally notice the picture above your bed, a beautiful portrait shot of you and Sam at the altar.

"Are you okay?" Sam, your apparent husband, asks.

"Uh... yea. Nightmare I guess. I'm sorry."

"What was it about?" Sam wonders, pulling you into his chest. You freeze for a moment, but relax when he doesn't do anything but wait for an answer.

"Annie and I were on a hunt for a jinn, and we split up and he got me." You tell him, thinking back to what felt like five minutes ago. You could still see the streak of blood in your sisters hair from right before you split up.

"A hunt? Like deer?"

"No, like my job? That I've been doing for years?" You say sarcastically.

"You're a pilot." Sam laughs, pointing at your uniform hanging in the closet. A shiny tag glints in the lamp light, cpt, y/l/n printed out on the gold metal.

"Jesus, I've never had a dream feel so real before." You mumble.

"It's only been a few weeks since Annie died, y/n. It's normal to have some dreams. Don't beat yourself up." Sam reassures. You whirl around and face him.

"Died??" You shout.

"The tumor? They tried to operate but she bled out. Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Sam asks, feeling your forehead. You just sink down onto his chest, the news crushing you like a boulder. You cry softly in his arms until finally, you drift off to sleep.

———

"y/n, time to get ready for work." Sam's soft voice pulls you from your thankfully dreamless slumber. You look around, the incident from a few hours before coming back to you.

"I told Dean you were kind of under the weather last night so he's picking you up some breakfast and he'll get started on your pre-flight list."

"Right, yeah thanks." You smile, going to the closet and pulling out the uniform from last night. It takes you a minute to figure the unnecessary amount of coat buttons out and find your damn bathroom, but fifteen minutes later you're standing by the door.

"Don't forget you swapped cars with Dean so he could use your truck to move, if you hurt his baby he might actually kill you." Sam reminds you.

"Yea I remembered." You lie. Sam hands you a set of car keys and leans down to give you a goodbye kiss. You decided last night that you weren't going to say no to this beautiful man, so you accept the kiss gratefully, tangling your fingers in his hair and pulling him closer. You kiss for a minute, heart swelling at the physical contact you didn't know you desperately needed.

"Don't get me wrong, this is fun. But you're gonna be late, babe." He mumbles against your lips. You pull back sheepishly and give him a wave, looking back at him one more time before you walk out the door.

"Oh hell yes." You exclaim when you see the beautiful Impala in your driveway. "Oh hell yes."

You continue mumbling the phrase to yourself halfway to the airport, lovingly patting the dashboard of the car you're driving. The radio plays some kind of rock song and you happily sing the words, your nightmare already in the distant past.

"y/n. Come on, you gotta wake up."

You nearly swerve off the road when the radio suddenly starts speaking to you. Before you can even process what's happened, the song is back. You quickly switch the radio off and drive the rest of the way in silence.

"y/n! You made good time, was worried you were gonna hang around and bang my brother or something first." A tall, dirty blonde haired man teases.

"Shut up, Dean." You groan, taking a wild guess.

"You love that I'm your brother in law and you know it. Is my car safe?" He asks nervously, handing you coffee and a bag of food.

"Thanks. Yup, she's beautiful as ever. Zeppelin got interrupted by some weird glitch though which sucked." You complain.

"Zeppelin? Since when do you like Zeppelin?" Dean looks at you curiously as he nods to the TSA agent waving you through security.

"Uh since always? Who the hell doesn't like Zepplin?" You laugh at the look on his face. He just shrugs and you both make your way to the gate.

"Thanks for letting me pilot this one, you're usually a control freak about it." Dean says. You shrug, not willing to admit that you just genuinely have no idea how to fly a plane. You buckle your harness in, pulling down the intercom microphone and clearing your throat.

"Good morning, this is your Captain speaking. It's a beautiful day to be flying, hope everyone's having a wonderful Tuesday. It's about two hours to Atlanta, so just sit back and enjoy the free food!" You chirp into the mic, hanging it back up and relaxing in your seat.

"Damn, someone's having a good morning." Dean mumbles.

"What can I say? I just really love my life." You sigh.

On today's game of guess which episode of supernatural I just watched....

The Jinn episode in season two is lowkey one of my top three episodes ngl.

There's gonna be a part two after work tomorrow, it was just a little long to try and fit it all in one go.

add me on snap if you wanna talk about the show or help me pick future imagine ideas. I'm a lonely bitch and I love talking to y'all. snap is @adjnor37