The day to come

Chapter 61:

Everyone in the room stared at me in silence. "Did you hear what I just said?!" I screamed. They all nodded slowly. I felt someone rest a hand on my shoulder, and suddenly the smell of alcohol tickled my nostrils. "Haymitch?" I said. "You need to calm down sweet heart... We already have a plan. Don't worry you will get your bow and arrows." He sighed. I gulped down hard and took a deep breath. "When are we going?" "Tomorrow," Haymitch replied. "There are very few rebels but that doesn't mean they aren't armed... Plus, they have Peeta, it's best to not just barge in tonight." I agreed with him and then made my way towards Prim. "What's the plan?" I asked her. She didn't respond, instead she watched the computer screen carefully. "Prim?" I spoke a bit louder. She looked at me with tired eyes. "Nothing really... We're going to just go in and..." she trailer off. I sighed deeply and sat down on the ground. "I just want to end this nightmare," I muttered. Prim looked down at me and smiled sadly. "They have Rory too," she said. I gulped down hard and ran my fingers through my braid, undoing it. "I'm going to kill whoever is in charge," The words escaped my mouth.