Prim

Chapter 25:

I hold the box that contained the cake me and Peeta baked as if it was my life. I kept sweating and thinking about Prim. If she will remember me or not. I walk give Peeta; who was sitting on a bench, the box and then I start pacing back an forth. Prim was coming in a train from the capitol all the way to district twelve. It is a two hour ride and so far it has been longer than that. I sat for a while and then heard a train. "Prim!" I yell and jolt up to the moving train. I stop as soon as the train stops. I breathe in and watch the door open. Peeta stands up. I stepped back to where he was and he put his arm around me, waiting for the worst. My mom was waiting back at our house because she said she didn't want to get emotional in public. I watch who I think is Prim step out. I start breathing hard through my mouth and I could hear Peeta gulp. Instead of her beautiful long blonde hair being in two braids, it was in one. Her light blue eyes looked weary and she was much taller from when she was thirteen. I was twenty four so Prim must now be twenty! She did look way much older than when I last saw her which made me want to cry. This was little Prim. I got out of Peeta's arms and ran to her. I hugged her really tight and started sobbing. Prim started to cry also. "Katniss!" She yells half talking half crying. I gasped in for air in between my sobs and squeaked out a yes. "Prim! My little duck!" I cry. "I thought you were dead! All these years!" Prim looks over my shoulder to Peeta. "Peeta!" She shrieks and runs to him. They hug and then I come and we do a group hug. Peeta takes Prim's bags to the car as we keep crying and hugging each other. When we were in the car on our way home I whispered to Prim: "I missed you little duck."