Back to hell

Chapter 59:

When I slowly open my eyes I see a blinding light. The first thing that came into my mind was Peeta and that hurt more than anything. I slowly sat up and noticed that the pain in my back was gone. That's weird... I looked down at my arms and gasped softly. They were all bandaged up... I moved them around a bit and bit my lip. If these people wanted to kill me, why are my wounds healed? Were they going to torture me to death? Were they going to do the same to Peeta? The door to the room I was in suddenly swung open and Haymitch walked in. Surprise and anger began to bubble in my chest. "Haymitch?! What the hell are you doing here?!" He seemed surprised of my screams and flinched. "Katniss, we were able to get you out in time," My heart sunk in my chest. "Wait what?" I asked. "Before those men took you away we managed to get you out. It's not that hard to understand Sweet heart," I shook my head. "And Peeta?" Haymitch's face paled and he gulped down hard. "Haymitch?" I had begun to feel a hole in my heart. "What happened to him?" I said. "It was too late, I don't know where they took him," his eye brows crashed together and he stares at me. "I'm really sorry, but we will do everything to get him back I promise," He took a small bottle of liquor from his coat pocket and downed it all. That made me angry and that was when I completely lost it. "So Peeta is gone?! And you're talking about the situation as if you were cool about it?!" I yelled at him. Haymitch shook his head. "Katniss please calm down, we'll end this up rising and then everything will be better-" "NO!! NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME!!! THIS IS THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENED BEFORE AND I WONT GO THROUGH THAT FUCKING HELL AGAIN!!!!" I hopped out of the bed and then crumpled down on the floor. "Katniss," Haymitch walked towards me and kneeled down beside me. "I won't go through that again, I-I can't loose him... I can't lose Peeta..." I felt Haymitch put his hand on my back. "We'll get him back, I promise-" "Just leave me alone Haymitch," my voice broke, "The love of my life is some where out of my reach, possibly getting tortured again and I'm completely useless... I can never..." I took a deep breath and let out a sob. "I can never be happy!" And I buried my face in my arms so he wouldn't see me cry. I felt horrible for crying and not doing anything immediately, but it felt as if my heart was being broken more than it already was.