Intruder

Chapter 55:

"KATNISS YOU NEED TO GET UP RIGHT NOW!" I sprang up in bed when I heard a shout downstairs. My eyes adjusted to the dim morning light as I took a deep breath. My fingers stretch across the bed to try to find Peeta's warmth but there was no one beside me. It felt as if time had froze at the moment. I slowly stand up and braid my hair. I begin to open the door until I hear him scream again. It was Peeta... "KATNISS PLEASE!!!" My heart had begun racing and I ran as fast as I could to get my bow and arrows and then fled down stairs. "Peeta!?" I shout and then my screams silenced. Peeta was being held in a choke hold by a peace keeper. "Let him go!" I warned and got ready to shoot at the peace keeper. "Miss Everdeen-" I let the arrow fly right into the peace keeper's shoulder. "AH WHAT THE HELL!" his grip slacked off of Peeta. I grabbed another arrow. "What do you want?!" I ask. Peeta scrambled over to my side and put his shaking arm around my waist. It was then I noticed blood on his shirt. I stared at his wide eyes. "Peeta?" I say. he sighs and looks at the peace keeper. "We need to talk," the man says. I begin to pull the string on my bow. "Then talk fast," I say.