Oooohhhh

Chapter 23:

It took me some time to process what I had just read. I kept reading the line "Prim is alive" over and over again. I felt hot tears falling down my cheeks. I didn't have the energy to wipe them away. I took the letter and folded it. I then put it in my pocket. I stood up and ran out my bedroom door. While I was running for the front door I took my black jacket and put the first sleeve on while opening the door. As I was running towards the bakery I put the other sleeve on and zipped up the jacket. I could already see the hob and the bakery just two houses down. I opened the door of the bakery and heard the little bell by the door, signaling that someone came in. I put my braid which was down my back now over my shoulder. I walked to the employees only office while I waved at Lilly who worked the cashier. I pulled out the letter and unfolded it rapidly as I opened the door. Peeta was sitting down by the desk writing down something. "Prim is alive!?" I yell breathing heavily since I just ran. Peeta dropped the pen in his hands and looked up at me. "Hey Katniss." "Prim is alive!" I yell. "Where is she?!" I ask looking at the cursive writing on the letter. "In the capitol." I whisper. "I have to find her!" I was about to open the door. "Katniss." Peeta stands up. I turn around. "Not so fast. You can't go now. I promise you we will go there first thing in the morning." He says. "Peeta, she's my sister-" "I know. We just can't go now." He grabs my cold hands in his warm ones. "Ok fine." I say. "When will you get back home?" I ask. "In three hours why?" "I just. Need to talk." I say. Peeta nods. "Ok." I have a feeling he already knows I want to talk about the baby thing. I just want to apologize to him. I smile at him and open the door. "I'll wait for you at home then." I say. Peeta smiles and nods. "See you at home." I walk back home clutching the letter to my chest thinking about Prim. How will my mom react? Will Prim remember me? This will change everything.