Their future

Chapter 12:

I put on my hunting jacket on and remake my braid. I walk downstairs to see Peeta on the sofa. "See you later." I say and walk out the door. I get out the back door so cameras would not see me. I stopped by a tree and took my bow and arrows out. Its been so long since I last used them. I meet up with Gale in the woods and sit down next to him. "You wanted to talk?" I ask. Gale nods. "Remember the bombs?" He asks. I gulp down hard remembering Prim. The pain of missing my little sister Prim stabbed me in the heart. "Yeah." I say holding back tears. "That's why I left. I felt so bad about Prim, I just didn't think I could face you again." He says. "Gale you don't have to feel bad. Prim was not your fault. It was Coin."I look in his eyes. "But it was my bomb." Gale says. "Gale, its ok. But you should have not left. You left at some of the hardest moments of my life since my dad died." I say. "Is that why you picked Peeta?" He asks. I shake my head. "No that's not the reason why I picked Peeta." I say standing up. "Gale I came here to talk about something that is not Peeta." Gale nods. "Ok." He says and stands up too. "I have to go. Sorry." I watch him walk away from me. Is it true that if Gale had never left I wouldn't have picked Peeta? No. No. No. I picked Peeta because I love him, because he is the dandelion in the spring. I sigh remembering my fight with him yesterday. "Peeta." I say and start running home.
...
Once I walk inside I run to Peeta's room and hug him. "What's going on?" He asks. "Nothing." I say and look at him. "How did talking with Gale go?" He asks. "It was about Prim, thats all." I say. "Prim." Peeta says and looks at me. "Sorry Katniss." He says. "Me too. Me too."