One year later

Chapter 52:

After Gale and I reported what we saw, one year later was when they found the three capitol teenagers who had done it. Can't I ever rest from these things. I mean, that was the past. The hunger games are over. Can't people stop fighting for it?
I was at the bakery with Peeta since he needed help to catch up with baking everyones orders. I sat down on a wooden chair and watched Peeta cry out in pain when he burned his finger while taking bread out of the oven. "Are you ok?" I ask. He nods putting his finger in his mouth. A woman came in the store carrying a baby. I stood up. "Hi what would you like?" I ask her. The lady stares at me and then points to a chocolate cake sitting on the counter. "Oh sure. You like chocolate?" I say, trying to start a conversation. "Yeah." She says quietly. Wow is she shy. I bring the cake over to her and charge her. Once she left I helped Peeta frost a cake. "The baby was cute." He said. "The one the woman had? Sure I guess." I make a small little flower at the top of the cake. "You know it would be cool to have one ourselves." Peeta whispers. I stay silent. "It's been a year..." He says, breaking the silence. "Please just don't Peeta." I say and walk away to attend another customer.