.

Chapter 28:

Prim and my mom left to go for a walk and Peeta had to go to work at the bakery. So it was just me alone. I sat on the sofa constantly falling asleep and then waking up to birds singing. I couldn't find anything to watch so I just turned the tv off. Riiing riiing!!! I heard the phone. I walked towards it and picked up. "Hello?" I say. "Hey is Katniss Everdeen there." "I am her. Who is this?" "My name is Thorn Maxwell I work as a guard at grey jail house. We have some news for you." I lick my dry lips to speak. "What is it?" "You need to stay indoors at this moment, make sure your mom and sister are home. Especially your husband." "What's going on?!" I'm starting to get worried. "Savera Snow escaped." Thorn said. I dropped the phone and heard the man's faint voice coming from the phone. "Katniss?!" I immediately hang up. I grab my coat and pass by a little black box. I open it and inside is my mockingjay pin. I pin it on my coat and run out the door. I'm not going to stay home and wait. I need to make sure my family is safe. As I'm running I bump into Gale. "Katniss!? You're supposed to be inside." He says. "Gale move! I need to find-" "Don't worry your mom and Prim are safe at my house." I stay quite. I look at Gale and as if he read my mind he said "I don't know were he is." "Gale the bakery!" "No I checked there all ready." "Where is he?!" "Peeta!!" I call out running everywhere. Gale is running behind me "Katniss you're not safe!" "I need to find Peeta!" I am really panicking now.