The Great Hendowski

*Jinxx's POV*

I called the ambulance, and while I was giving them our address, Ashley tried to vainly stop the bleeding.

"Why the fuck would she do this?" Ash yelled.

"I don't know," I said, knowing fully well why. I grabbed some towels with Andy and tried to stop the bleeding. In 10 minutes, the ambulance got here, and they took her away. Andy and Ash went with her while I stayed behind to tell the rest of the guys what happened. After running fruitlessly around, I decided to just call Vic because everyone was drunk off their hinges and wouldn't get the fucking hell up.

Dialing his number 10 times, I finally got my trembling fingers to stop long enough to get his number down on the phone. 

"Hello?" Vic's sleepy and muffled voice said on the other end.

"Get your ass out of bed and into Shadyside Hospital! Martine tried to kill herself!" I yelled.

"What? Why did she...I'll be there!" he yelled and I heard him cursing, then hanging up the phone.

I didn't get an ounce of sleep that night, and instead made sure Andy kept me updated with what was going on in the hospital. So far, they couldn't revive Martine and there's a big chance she wasn't going to make it. 

Early in the morning I was making my coffee, when finally Austin waltzed into the kitchen and looked around quizzically. When he saw me he asked, "What happened?"

"You got drunk and passed out, the pickle juice is in the refrigerator, it'll help with the hangover. Meanwhile, Martine tried to kill herself," I said, trying to control my anger.

Austin choked on the water he was drinking. "WHAT? Why didn't you wake us?"

"I couldn't, you were all passed out," I said, fuming. 

"We should go to the hospital, which one is it?" Austin frantically asked, running to the bunk room to wake everyone up.

"Ash and Andy are with her," I said to him, my anger shutting down from exhaustion, while at the same time giving directions to the sleepy bus driver.

Getting to the hospital in 10 minutes, we all piled out, worried and scared.

"Excuse me, is Martine Fuentes stable yet?" I asked the nurse. She looked at us sympathetically and said, "Room 487, the doctor will be with you in a second,"

We walked upstairs, to the fourth floor, and seeing Ashley and Andy sitting on the floor next to the door, they mentioned that they wouldn't let them in, their faces seemingly aged prematurely and lined with worry and exhaustion. I hugged Andy and he said, "There's a really small chance she'll make it,"

Just then the doctor came out and looked at us all in turn. "I'm sorry to say but she's lost a lot of blood. We tried everything in our power, but she didn't make it. You can go and say your goodbyes," he said and walked away.

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. She actually killed herself, why didn't she just forget about the past and move on? Maybe in the end it does kill some of us, keep us from living in the present? 

Walking into the room, we saw her lifeless body lying on the bed, looking like she finally made peace with her past. Her body was listless, pale dead white after death welcomed her into its kingdom. Her hair was pushed away from head, and spilling all over the pillow, it seemed to create a some sort of mock halo around her. Maybe it was just me, but there was a trace of a smile on her lips, as if death whispered something funny into her ear before her soul left her body - a kind of compensation for taking her away from this hell.