Those in Glass Houses

*Austin's POV*

When I carried Jinxx downstairs, I could see that she could barely keep her eyes open. Oh God if ANYTHING happens to her, I swear I will find those bastards who did this to her and kill them. My poor little girl.

I walked as fast as I could to my car while being careful, I didn't want to hurt her more.

I set her down on the ground to open the car door, and she stumbled in and looked up at me, her eyes filled with pain. "Don't worry, we'll get to the hospital in no time," I told her, though I doubt she heard me because she blacked out.

I drove as fast as I could to the hospital, which took all of 5 minutes. I brought her in to the emergency room where they quickly wheeled her away, and then proceeded to ask me a million questions.

Then I was left pacing around, wondering what was happening to my baby girl.

In an hour or so, a doctor with a tad bit too much makeup on her glazed doughnut face finally came up to me and told me that she's fine, and let me in to see her. Walking into the sterilized gloomy white hospital room, I saw that she was sleeping. The doctor looked at me seriously then and said, "We need to know who did that to her back,"

"Her foster parents," I said. I sat down next to Jinxx and took her hand in mine and stroked it gently. "I just adopted her today and saw the bruises. She told me her foster parents did it, and I decided to take her to the hospital, she looked like she was really in pain and those wounds looked infected,"

"Well, Mr. Carlile, it was a smart thing to do, they are infected. But no need to be worried now, we cleaned them out but you do have to put some cream on it, I'll go write the prescription now," she said and left.

I looked down at Jinxx, who seemed at peace. My phone rang then, shattering the hospital silence, and I picked it up, uttering a curt "Hello?" 

"Austin! Where are you dude? And why are there girl's clothes in your house? Did you get a hot lover?" Alan asked.

"Why do you always look through my stuff? And no, that's my daughter's clothes,"

"Well you should be thanking me, you left your stove on - wait what??? Did I hear you say your DAUGHTER? When did you get a daughter? I mean make one? I never even heard you got a girlfriend! Why so many secrets from your own best friend!!!!" Alan asked confused, then angry, then ending up sounding like a wailing banshee.

"I didn't make anyone, I adopted her," I said to him. I guess I should've warned them beforehand but I didn't think that through, it kind of slipped my mind.

"So wait, where are you?" he asked me confused.

"The hospital," I said

"Why? What happened? Did something happen to my niece? Or to you? Tell me which hospital!" he said urgently.

"I'm at the Zicker Hospital, it's about 10 minutes from my house," 

"Okay, I'll be there in like, a minute" he said and hung up before I could say anything else.

I put my phone away and looked at Jinxx. Her eyes suddenly fluttered open and she looked around confusingly. Then she saw me and said, "Austin . . . where am I?"

"The hospital. Don't look so worried sweetie, everything's okay, I think you should be able to leave today. I'm just waiting for the doctor to come back, she's writing a prescription," I said to her and smiled.

"Um, prescription for what?" she looked at me confused.

"Your back. You know, the bruises, the, um, cuts," I looked at her and the recognition dawned on her face.