Broken Generation

*Jinxx's POV*

Austin came galloping down the stairs, taking them two at a time and making a racket loud enough to awaken the Anti-Christ.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs he asked me: "What happened?" completely out of breath, his eyes glinting with fear but his face betraying nothing.

"Billie's here," I said, trying to sound nonchalant while waving my hand towards the main door.

"Billie who-" he said, not quite finishing his question before Billie wallowed into the room, followed by Raven whose eyes were now the size of the moon. Poor Billie. His eyes were downcast, the light wrinkles on his forehead and around his eyes more defined thanks to all the stress, and he walked as if he carried the weight of the world on his shoulders. He walked up to Austin and gazing up at him, he said, "My wife kicked me out, I have nowhere to go because I can't imagine being alone right now and I thought that maybe I could like, crash here for a day or two?"

"Sure thing," Austin said whilst wrapping Billie in a much needed hug. It was comical to look at them, thanks to their giant difference in height.

Untangling from their embrace, Billie sat down on one of the chairs while Alan and Alex came bounding down the stairs.

"What's all the commotion about?" Alan asked, looking around the room.

"Billie needs a place to stay," Austin said while Billie looked up at Alan.

"Omgee, I haven't seen you in forever," Alan said while running across the room and patting Billie's head.

"Yeah, it's nice to see you too Alan – Mike said to say hi, he's coming by in a couple of hours," Billie said, running his hand through his hair in a vain attempt to make it lay nicely on his head but failing miserably.

"I FORGOT!" Austin yelled, rattling everyone with his piercing scream.

"What!" Alan yelled, holding onto his heart.

"Introductions. Okay. This is Jinxx, she's my daughter," Austin said, while I waved at Billie.

"This is Alex, Jake's parents adopted him, and he's a good friend of the family," Austin continued while Alex said, "Nice to meet you,"

"And finally, this is Raven, we're in the process of resolving the issues with her orphanage and previous family," Austin pointed to Raven who was still ogling Billie like he was an alien sent from outer space to start the destruction of our Earth.

Billie smiled at us and said, "It's great to meet you guys, and thanks for taking me in,"

"No problem, friends don't abandon friends. I'll show you to your awesome suite," Austin said and led Billie up the stairs.

"Who's he?" Alex said, taking note of Raven's reaction to Billie.

"He is THE legend, THE Billie Armstrong, THE vocalist of Green Day. How can you not now that green eyed, fluffy haired goofy goober is beyond me," she said, shaking her head in shame at him.

Before Alex could respond, his phone rang, shattering the awkwardness and tension that Raven cast upon him with her gaze.

Picking up the phone and rolling his eyes at Raven, he turned away and after a couple of words said to us, "I gotta go, my parents want me home,"

"Okay honey bear, we'll see you soon," I said after him sassily, as he put his phone back into his pocket, waved at us, and disappeared behind the front door.

"Do you think CC will be there?" Raven asked, getting a tad too excited, considering the way she was ogling Billie no more than ten minutes ago.

Before I could offer any kind of response, she rushed outside, following after Alex.