The Old "Romeo and Juliet" Play [Ingo x Reader]

HAIJIN LAW PART TWO

STORYTIME

Ingo knew better than this. Why was he even doing this? Still, he couldn't let himself not go through with his now nightly routine. More of a habit than a routine. A routine he could break, a habit not so much. He sat up after pretending to be asleep for his innocent twin brother. He was sleeping soundly on his half of the bed. Ingo cracked a small smile. Emmet was one of two people who could ever make this stoic man crack a smile. He was about to meet the second shortly.

Ingo stood up And walked around in the dark. He had this train car memorized by now. After all, he's been doing this for almost a year. As long as Emmet doesn't find out, it can continue to happen. Emmet can never know what it going on. He silently pulled out some nice clothes. Just a dress shirt, black slacks, and a baby blue tie. He wore his Haijin Conductor's hat and didn't even try to look at himself in the mirror. It was no use anyways. Too dark. He glanced at his peaceful brother again, sleeping soundly. He knew that he shouldn't be doing this, but he can't bring himself to quit. He was addicted. With that, Ingo disappeared from the car and into the night.

You waited outside of the entyway of the underground railway, wearing a beanie and a long jacket. Where was he? He's late tonight. Maybe it took longer to sneak away, but that doesn't mean you aren't impatient! He knows how hard it's is for you to make it here! You sighed, pulling out a can of your spray paint. He wouldn't mind if you graffiti the wall for good time's sake, would he? That's how you met him in the first place. You smiled at he memory. Then you heard him clear his throat. Finally!

"Took you long enough, Go-Go. I almost sprayed the wall blue."

You snicker as you slip the can back into your backpack you slipped to the ground. Ingo cracked a smile. Yeah, Stone faced kuudere Ingo gave you a smile from something as simple as that. Your heart did a skip as you jumped into his arms, wriggling yourself into his warm embrace. Nimbassa City can be extremely cold when it wants to be. You heard him chuckle as his arms wrapped around you. You could hear his heartbeat. It was slow and calm. It stopped beating fast a few months ago. That means he is comfortable with you and truly loves you. You snuggled into his chest a little bit.

"Why can't we just be together? I know your job is long and tedious but other then that what is it?"

You ask this from time And time again, but he never answers you. You want nothing more than to abandon everything and be with Ingo. You don't need tour life you alresdy live. It's not any good to you anyways. But Ingo Eyes it differently. He can't be with you. Why? Because you're the child of an Elite Four Member, one that's pretty damn close to retiring. You're the next in line for that elite four spot and you are damn good at battling with that type. He can't take you away from such a wonderful and privileged position. So he settles for this. He might as well voice his concerns for once...

"You have your job to do, and I have mine. I would love for you to be our Subway Master next to us, but... The Unova League needs you."

You groaned. Unova League? Screw that! Living that life would make you the opposite of happy! What would make you happy is living here in Nimbassa with Ingo. Besides, they can find any olde dope who specializes in Dark types anyways. You let yourself out of his embrace, fiddling with the black beanie on the top of your head. You looked in his eyes, which shine their platinum hue under the moonlight. It's time to make your stand. You can't keep living with the old Romeo and Juliet manuver. No more sneaking out at night. You want to be his. And meet Emmet. It'd be nice to be aquatinted with your future brother in law anyways.

"Screw the Unova League! I never had a good relationship with my dad anyways! Who cares I feel they have an open spot, it's easy to fill! The facts are neither of us will be happy like this for long. If we want this relationship to work we got to move past the Romeo and Juliet shit and just get together! Do you want me or not!?"

Ingo just stared at you in the dark moonlight. He didn't know how to react. I mean, how would anyone react in this situation? He was feeling more emotions than he had ever faced in his entire life. His heartbeat was going faster now than ever before. He could clearly see the frustration and longing in your eyes, causing his throat to feel like a grapefruit was lodged in it again. Don't ask. Only explanation needed is Emmet and Coffee. Ingo didn't think for once in his life. He acted on impulse, grabbing your hands and holding them into his own. You were right. He can't take this Romeo and Juliet play anymore.

"You couldn't know how much I want you. You're right. I've been neglectsnt of you, Of us. If we want to be together, this has to stop. Come on, you must be freezing. Let's get you into the subway."

He turned and held onto your wrist, leading you to the entryway and down the steps into the Nimbassa underground. You wanted to cry of joy. Finally. He was going to make it official. He was going to steal you away and make you a part of his world. 

This is all you ever could have wanted.

983 Words

Oh my god this was terrible I'm so sorry.

~Eva