Affection [Lt. Surge x Reader]

(Forget the picture I know it isn't him but shush) 

I AM SORRY FOR A LACK OF UPDATES YESTERDAY SO TODAY WE GET MILITARY MAN

STORYTIME

Ah,  Lieutenant Surge. Vermillion city's gym leader and former commander of the Kanto military beforehand being honorably discharged and given the gym from his mother who took it over when his father went to fight in the great Pokémon war. He is a hero, a legend, and one of the greatest men you will ever meet. He's loud and proud and won't stop fighting until your ass is beat. So whatever you do, don't hit that yeet. Looking at you Sayori!

But what people don't know abou Surge is that he doesn't show affection in a normal love. It's not tough love exactly, but that's the best way to describe it. He's a little rough when showing affection. Not like anneglectsnt kind of tough, but he gives boogies a nod squeezes you until your face turns purple. That kind of tough love. What is that called? Rough love? Rough love sounds about right. Lieutenant Surge gives people Rough Love. And guess who is a person that Sugre loves? That's right! You!

You're one of the helper trainers working at the Vermillion gym. Your partner happens to be Jolteon and you have an Alola Raichu, being the child of a sailor who settled down in Alola fate after meeting your mother. If that sailor was a guy or girl is up to you. They can be non-binary too. We don't discriminate here. Surge Is like an older brother or dad to all of you guys that work here, so naturally he would give you his rough love. Like now when you are suddenly pulled back into a headlock.

"Ready for battle squirt?"

He gave you an affectionate noogie, using his middle diget's knuckle more than the others. That's known as a Palipitoad knoogie. (Frog knoogie). You can't  help but laugh, used to the pain caused by the friction. You escape from his headlock just like he taught you how. Everyone in the gym is some sort of nickname. Yours is squirt because everyone else here is freakishly tall. Did you know the majority of Alolans are shorter than the rest of the population? The more you know, Reader, the more you know. 

"You bet! Jolteon, Raichu, and I are sparked up and ready for action!"

You announce to him, hands on your hips and ready to go. Everyone at this gym wears some sort of combat inspired outfit. Yours was a white tank top with an olive green sweatshirt tied around your waist, camo pants and combat boots. For the anniversary of the day you came to work here's a few months ago the Lieutenant himself bought you a golden whistle with a bolt design on the sides to match his silver one with storm clouds. Everyone noticed that he takes a special liking to you. (And that you're the strongest one out of the assistant trainers. Just putting that one out there....) Surge grinned.

"Well too bad! Gym's closed today because the League made it the holiday. Anniversary of the day Red became the champion."

You felt your arms grow heavy. You slouched down and let your arms hang. No battles today? Not even a little bit? That's why this place is so quiet. But wait, why did nobody freaking tell you!? Is this a prank or something? Surge doesn't do pranks often but when he does he gets them good. Your jaw would be on the actual floor if this was an anime, but since it isn't it is only metaphorically dropped to the floor and it's just hanging open. Surge reached over and closed your mouth for you, still grinning.

"Hey, but that means we get the place to ourselves! Which also means we can do as much workout as we want without everyone else getting tired and weighing us down! That or maybe you want to challenge me?"

He knew the second option would peak your interest. There's never enough time in the day to challenge Surge, and on regular holidays he goes to visit one of his friends in some other region. Some other electric type leader. Last year he visited Clemont and scared the shit out of him. You know because you went with him. Again, Rough Love. You haven't battled Surge himself since your admission! You snapped Raichu's pokeball and smirked at him, pepping right back up into your electrifying self.

"Two in two or one on one? Wait we can do both! Battle of the Raichus first then a battle of the Jolteons! If we each get one win then we can have the final battle between our winners!"

You were practically jumping up and down. That's what we call jumping for joy. Surge just chuckled with his feel voice and took Raichu's pokeball off of his belt. He flicked his sunglasses up and onto his head, getting himself serious.

It was about to go down.

828 Words

UGH I CANNOT WRITE I AM SO SORRT I AM THE WORST

~Eva