Sixteen Going on Seventeen [Roark x Reader]

Miner Boi needs some more love. LOVE HIM DANGIT

STORYTIME!

Roark sighed to himself, watching you from the corner of the Cavern. You were one of his newer employees. You came in after your father was forced to retire due to his bad back. You felt obligated to take after him and to be honest Roark fell for you after meeting you. You were so charasmic, eager to start working. You were just as strong as everyone else else here, despite being way younger than them. You were, what? Sixteen! You're just a baby! As the safety moniter of the Oreburgh he felt compelled to keep an eye on you. It's not just because he had fallen for ya. Oh no! It's definatelt safety reasons only! Yep!

Right now you were working on getting out s big hunk of coal from the wall. Your partner, Meditite, was trying to help you with it's psychic abilities. Roark started to worry. What if you hurt your back? What if you drop it into your foot? What if Meditite messes up and drops it onto your foot? What if something bad happens!? His anxiety kicked in and so did his heroic instincts. He rushed over there and stood behind you, helping lift the giant hunk of coal ore into your arms. The psychic Pokémon dropped it out of surprise. It is only level five after all. Poor baby just hatched. The ore dropped unexpectedly, surprising you. He heard you gasp and he steadied yourself. Thank goodness he was there. He made sure you were stabilized before letting go.

"There we go. Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?"

Roark completely forgot about the giant hunk of valuable material in your hands and started s pinning you around, looking for anything showing any signs of injury and/or pain. Meanwhile you managed to process anything and started to feel kind of annoyed. This boy, Roark, was being super over protective of you. He was like this since you joined the Oreburgh mining force. He was always super cautious of you for some reason and Meditite didn't exactly like him for not trusting in her abilities as much as she wants to, for such a young Pokemon after all. You let out a slightly agitated sigh, Meditite lifting the coal out of your hand with her psychic powers and walking over to the cart with it. 

"Roark, I'm perfectly fine. You're being a worrywart again. I'm fine. I swear. You don't have to worry for me. I'm capable and strong. You know that."

You watch him stand up again, facing you. To Ben honest you Feltchling halfway dizzy from all the spinning around he did to you. He looked in your eyes. You could clearly see how red his face was. He had some pretty strong honeyglow in his cheeks. It was adorable. Wait a second. Did Roark have a crush on you!? It was crazy, but it just might explain a lot. He was cute, dorky, and dependable. He was also probably a bottom. Yeah, an idea man. You won't ne dissapointed if he turned out to like you. You held back the smirk at the realization and waited for his response.

"But you're sixteen! I really really don't want to see you hurt yourself. You're just a kid!"

You scoffed. He was going to pull the kid card on you? Really? That's kind of hypocritical for a Seventeen year old boy to say. You put your hands on your hipster, ready to sass the hell out of this boy. He was averting his eyes and rubbing the back of his neck like a cliché anime boy when he gets embarrassed. He was just being cute and giving you more reasons to tease him about this little topic we have going on here.

"And you're Seventeen, yet I see you perfectly capable of managing this entire mine and running a gym on your own. Here you're coming calling me, a sixteen year old, a baby? Sounds like hypocrisy and an overprotective boyfriend to me."

You shrugged and shook your head, smirking. You saw his face put our favorite little rival in johto's Hair to shame. He almost see,ed to be fogging up his glssses he was blushing so hard! Speaking of his glasses, he pushed them up against the bridge of his nose. He was squirming a lot. He then put his hands in your shoulders and made you look directly at his face. His adorable, super red, incredibly flustered face. You were struggling so hard not to kiss his nose and make him a hot mess. In two ways.

"I am almost eighteen! Seventeen, going on eighteen!"

He didn't even fight back about the little boyfriend but you added in. He looked like he was trying to forget it out of denial or something. You know what? Let's jsut switch to Roark's perspective so we can see what is going through his mind right now! He was entirely us floras And butterfrees, just add 150% more anxiety and nervousness and flusterdness and other synonyms for embarrassment. His eighteenth birthday wasn't too far away! It was next month! Besides, he wasn't being hypocritical! He just doesn't want you to hurt yourself! He... he cares a lot about you. You give him Vivillion in his stomach and set a willo wisp in his blood when he saw you. You're too cute and awesome and strong and dependable and amazing he can't help but feel all these emotions for you. He can't admit it, but he really really likes you. No, he loves you. Who's the baby now, right? He sighed, trying to get some of the weight off his chest. You just stood there with a smug, sassy expression. He was being a little hypocritical, wasn't he? Yeah... he was...

"I'm sorry but I just don't want you to get hurt. I don't think I could handle it. You... you mean a lot to me..."

Alright, you'll accept that as a confession. That's pretty much Roark in his own awkward way telling you he was in love with you and was the overly cautious boyfriend type. Good thing he was your type. You giggled, clearly confusing the miner boi. You grab his collar and bring his face close to yours. You toruch your forehead on his. Well, on the safety helmet he wore. You touched safety helmets. Safety is important kids. You felt his breaths grow sharp and quicker. You could practically hear his heartbeat. A definite sign he was just smitten with you. You smirked and looked in his clearly flustered eyes. You whispered to him in the softest, sweetest voice you could mister.

"I love you too Roark."

Then you tenderly kissed his lips. Roark felt a shiver and spark go down his spine. Your hands entwined with hisnown at his sides as you pressed your lips against his. Roark felt like the entire world faded away except for the two of you. Like Gumball and Penny whenever they kiss, that's what Roark as feeling right now. That space and infinite cosmos surrounding the two of you and o lot the two of you. With his heart racing st inhuman speeds, he squeezed his eyes shut and attempted to kiss back. The first kiss is always the most awkward, right? You pulled away, standing back on your feet. Roark opened his eyes, seeing through his fogged up glasses. It looks like his blush was so intense it managed to cloud his lenses. So it is possible. Huh. He noticed you two were breathing in perfect sync. What he didn't notice is thst everyone stopped working to stare at Oreburgh's new couple.

"But you still got to trust me more, okay? You have a job to do, and so do I."

And like that, you turned around and walked over to the car to where lots of coal accumulated from your section of miners. You started bringing it up to the front where it would be taken to refinery. Roark watched you walk away, eyes stuck on your swaying hips. If's he keeps blushing like this he'll end up dizzy and unconscious. He felt this dopey, dorky, goofy grin taken over his lips as he watched you walk away. 

Then he let out a fangirl shriek.

1374 Words

Seriously I love this guy and he's so cute and dorky and loves rocks he needs a lot more love. Please love him. Please.

Thanks for reading and I love y'all! Be warned tomorrow don't expect an update in the morning because I have PSAT. Thanks!

~Eva