Somebody to Love [Molayne x Reader]

He is so underrated omg. He is so adorable and is (I think) Sophocles's cousin? Tell me all you know about him for future reference. All I know is that he needs more love and attention so HERE WE GO

STORYTIME!!!

Molayne was always a sort of optimistic soul. He is like Sophocles's big brother and was sort of like a brother to Kukui when they were kids. Debatable if that is still the case now based on the rivalry kind of going on there. The point I don't most people never see him without a smile. Everyone sees him with Sophocles's or Kukui when he visits so nobody would ever imagine that he was lonely, would they? No. They wouldnt. Everyone would presume he was perfectly happy all the time when he actually wishes for nothing more than a companion. Not like a Pokémon one platonoc companion. He wants someone to love love. He asked the only person who had experience with love via text message: Kukui.

🌕Professor Kukui☀️: Just download a dating app. That's how I met Burnet

Molayne sighed. He never liked dating apps. You never know who could be lying about who they are and where they live. But if Kukui got lucky maybe he could get lucky too. He would be completely honest with himself and hopefully he can find someone who is also honest. He just wants an honest partner who would love him. He closed out the messaging app and opened the App Store. He downloaded Tinder, since that one was super popular. Once it downloaded it he opened it. Instantly, the app wanted him to create a profile for himself. 

The app asked for his name and age. He typed in his name Molayne and his age 26. Then he was asked for his sexuality and told it wouldn't be shown but it depends on who shows up in his feed. He selected Bisexual Male Next he was supposed to put a bio. Not like an actual biography but in a way just describe what he wants in a person. He had no idea what to type at first. He glanced at Sophocles across the room, playing with his Pokémon and taking a break from his project. He smiled and got a general idea at what he wanted to say. I just want someone who likes me for who I am and that can be honest. I want someone who will be nice to my family and fit in with all of us. All I want is somebody to Love and somebody who is willing to enter a new family. Lastly, the app asked for a selfie. Molayne opened his photo app and took a quick picture with his Metang that was just loafing around with him. (The photo above the oneshot). Hopefully that would be enough. He pressed save and instantly he was greeted to a bunch of photos and profiles in a "pile" ready to swipe. He rose his eyebrow. Was this how the app worked?

Surprisingly, the first person he saw was Olivia. The app demonstrated how he can swipe left or right to approve and if they also swipe. He went ahead and swiped Olivia right to be nice. Who knows what could happen. It's not like someone like her would even swipe right for him anyways. The next person was a Nurse Joy. Her profile was.... not exactly appropriate for Sophocles so he swiped left. Who knew a Nirse Joy could be that kinky? Hmm. Next it showed Nanu. Molayne couldn't help but laugh a little bit. He never expected Nanu our have an account. Then again Acerola could have bugged him to find a wife so he wouldn't be a lonely cat man anymore. He swiped right for fun. He could probably text him over tinder or something like that. It is kind of fun to see who is on here.

Then he made it to you. Your photo was eye catching at least. You had a Carbink and Klefki in your photo. He read your profile. (Name) (Last Name), 24. Lives in: Laverre City, Kalos. Bio: I don't mind anyone as long as they are nice to me and my Pokémon. I am very good with children and Pokémon, working in a daycare during my teen years. I want someone who doesn't mind me constantly asking for hugs and/or kisses and I don't care about distance. I will move to wherever you want me to go. <3 

Molayne stared at it for a mow nr before swiping right. Both of his and your icons went onto the screen and danced next to the words you found a match! Instantly he was Taken Into a chatroom with you. It was just like normal time texting, but on an internet server similar to a chatroom. It's a little tricky to explain. Molayne had no idea what to type. He wasn't used to everything and how this works. How does he make a good impression on someone via chatroom? Wait a second, it looks like he won't need to. You already typed in a message. Molayne read it in his head, silently moving his lips to read the words.

🌷(Name)🌷: How much does a Beartic weigh?

How much does a besrtic weigh? Molayne didn't really know. He doesn't pay attention to the little things like that. Does he just respond that with what it is? He can probably google it. But not aall besrtic have the same weight and height. Giving up, Molayne just replied with a casual answer.

Molayne: I don't know. How much does it weigh?

You gave an instant reply.

🌷(Name)🌷: Enough to break the ice. Hello I'm (name)! But you can call me (Nickname) if you want. I liked your profle and how you want someone honest. I think I'm honest so maybe we can at least be friends!

Molayne felt his heart skip a beat. Who knew just chatting on an internet server can get him to crush so hard on a person he just met. That pun was dorky and adorable, just like you in your picture. He looked over at Sophocles again, back at his little project. He smiled. He likes jokes. Maybe this would work out. You may be his first match but he already feels a connection. Is that a bad thing? Is he too trusting? Too naive perhaps? This might be a mistake, but Molayne doesn't really care at this point. The least he can do his try. He took a sharp inhale and replied to your message. 

Molayne: Ha Ha! Very cute! (Nickname), right? I'm Molayne and it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm glad you think we can at least be friends. Your profile says you live in Laverre city, right? And you don't mind distance?

🌷( Name)🌷: Yeah! I don't mind moving. It's not like everyone over here wants me to be here anyways. All your profile says is that you live in Alola. You didn't fill in that section did you? That's okay! If you aren't comfortable sharing that it's fine! I don't mind dostence because I'm used to having long dostence friendships and relationships. I live alone here in Kalos anyways.

Molayne was shocked to hear that. You live alone? You're used to being alone? That's really sad. It reminds himself of himself a little bit but he's more melancholy now now than anything. Molayne then got an idea. He may be moving a little bit fast here, but he's sure you won't mind. Sophocles won't mind having someone else around too, would he?

Molayne: If you fly to Hau''Oli City on MeleeMelee island I can meet you there.

How hesrt was racing. He was going too fast wasn't he? He wanted to crawl up into a little ball and die in a hole. Then you responded.

🌷(Name)🌷: Really? So soon? That sounds awesome! I'll buy a plane ticket as soon as I can!"

And that, my friends, is how Molayne found somebody to Love. All thanks to Tinder and Kukui.

1337 Words

I'm half proud of this one! Still needs work and I'm still the worst author in the world, but I'm improving a little. Right?

Thanks for reading and I love you so so SO much! Bye~

~Eva