What a Waste of A Lovely Night [Harley x Reader]

Of course Jackalight needs his husbando. Alright, I gotchu fam.

STORYTIME!

You pouted as the rain abruptly began to pour down. And when you say the rain stsrted to pour down you meant it was pouring down. Poocheynas and Skitties were practically falling from the sky! You held your bag over your head as you rushed into the front first hulding you saw to shelter yourself from the rain. You aren't  Water Type Master or little kid! You don't enjoy getting your outfit all wet! Once you got in the door you let out a breath of relief and dropped your soaked bag on the ground. You scoffed to yourself, ignoring how barren the contest hall you entered was.

"What as waste of a lovely night...."

Harley, who was being smart and waiting out the storm he knew was coming in the contest hall, watched you barge in and mutter that phrase. Now, let's get one thing straight. Harley knows musicals and musical movies. What do you think got him interested in the preforming arts anyways? So when he heard you reference La La Land thst side of him suddenly took the stage and he smirked, singing the lyrics under his breath. There was scarcely anyone here's besides himself, you, and the girls who worked the desks anyways. He was free to live his life of la la land references.

"🎶The Sun is nearly Gone, the lights are turning on, a silver shine that stretches to the sea. We've stumbled upon a view that's been tailor-made for two, what a shame those two are you and me.🎶"

You turned around and watched the purple haired man look up to the lights in the ceiling, singing the lyrics to a song you assumed associated with the words you said. Wait. Oh my god you hardly realized you made a La La Land Reference. So this guy had taste? Good. You smirked, watching his footwork as he clearly was holding back going into a giant dancing number as he sang. You glanced over at the girls behind the counter. They were clearly amused and overjoyed at the surprise performance. A waste of a lovely night, that's what this rain was causing. Screw it, you'd sing the female role. Why not?

"🎶Some other girl and guy Would love this swirling sky, But there's only you and I And we've got no shot🎶."

He seemed to be having fun in that green cacturne outfit of his. No wonder why he was here, he was a natural performer. You remembered thst there was a little line you had in between his major introductory verses. You walked up behind the man, clearly in his own little world. He did a little spin-jump before continuing with his last little line. He did a one eighty and without skipping  bear grabbed your hand, holding it up to his lips as if he was going to kiss it. YOu knew full well he wasn't going to. You've seen La La Land.

"🎶This could never be, you're not the type for me🎶"

He let go of your hand, almost throwing it down and turning around dramatically. He held out his arms in almost a feminine fashion. Everything about this long, lilac haired man seemed feminine. You felt drawn to him. Plus he had great taste. You wondered if he saw Sound of Music?

"Really?"

You inquire as part of your roll. He turned his head over to see you, clearly overjoyed and amused you were familiar with the role. Let's switch back to Harley's perspective, shall we? He was just amused. So you did have some culture in you for someone who was about to be attacked by the rain. Good. You weren't an elite idiot. He won't have to hate you forever like he does hate May. In fact, he half respects you. He half wondered if you've also seen Heathers. Tag yourself, he's Chandler or Duke.

"🎶And There's not a spark in sight. What a waste of a lovely night.🎶"

There it is, the lyric that inspired him to start anyways. The ladies behind the the desk were giggling and watching, one even recording on her phone what was happening. You took the extended hand he let out, holding an arm behind his back like gentlemen did back in the day. You let's him spin you around. He let you go purposefully and you sound away about three paces before stesdying yourself and taking slow steps towards him, arms crossed behind your back. You began singing your verse.

"🎶You say there's nothing here? Well, let's make something clear: I think I'll be the one to make that call.🎶"

You managed to stand right up in front of him. You made your fingers walk up his chest and Boop his nose. He rose his eyebrow, remembering his line. After all, this is all just a sho. And you're playing parts.

"You'll call?"

You rolled your eyes, taking the roll Seriosuly. Wait a second, you might actually have something. You dug in your pocket and swooped a piece of paper put of it. You opened his hand and forced it into it. You always had your phone number on you in case a cute boy wanted it. Now you actually get to do it in a way that's clever, cute, and peeking your interest. Triple score! Oh wait, you still gotta sing. Let's go!

"🎶and though you look so cute in your ployester suit.🎶"

You tugged on the green jacket vest thing and he slapped your hands away with his, scoffing. Back to Harley. He was having a lot of fun. He doesn't have fun often, unless it's during a contest or if he's taking part in his local theater. Maybe that's why he's having fun. This isn't musical theater in a way.

"It's wool."

You replied, adding on to his part of the song. You then turned around, as if contemplating something. It fits your next verse well. Why did Harley feel so happy? It's just acting, right? Right? rIGHT?

"🎶You're right, I'd never fall for you at all. And maybe this appeals To someone not in heels, Or to any girl who feels There's some chance for romance... But I'm Frankly feeling nothing.🎶"

Harley decided he would step up his game. He lunged to be behind you. He placed his hand on your shoulders and popped his head up to your side, in your line of sight. He inquired his next line. It's amazing how you both just so happened to have the entire song memorized. How did this entire thing start anyways? Who cares! Harley hasn't had this much fun in a long, long while! Keep going woo!

"Is that so?"

You turned to face him entirely. You were grinning from ear to ear. Harley just wore his normal smirk. He waited for your next line. There's not much to put in between dialogue anymore.

"🎶It could be next to nothing🎶."

"🎶Good to know🎶. So you agree?"

"That's right."

You both paused, asking a deep breath. You're supposed to sing the line at the same time. Harley counted to three by his side, hoping he oh synchronize with him. He sees your eyes on his fingers so that's a good sign. Finally, you both sweetly belt out the last line.

"🎶What a waste of a lovely night🎶"

Everything is still. Harley watched you pant for a second. You weren't used to singing for long periods of time and dancing with it, huh? So you weren't an actor or actress. Good to know. Then Harley looked up to see the girls behind the desk awestruck. The one with her phone out hid it under the desk, blushing madly. The girl next to her stsrted applauding to the two of you. Soon, all three girls were applauding your performance with Harley. Harley smirked, feeling content and proud. He looked over st you. You practically had stars in his eyes. He focused his attention to the phone number in his hand.

In reality, this lovely night wasn't a waste at all.

1320 Words

I LISTENED TO THE SONG AND I HAD TO IM SORRY

thank you for reading my trashy work and sorry for being so late. I'm really tired and in pain and emotionally drained. One more request to go though. Yaaaay.

~Eva