"It was a pleasure saving you today."

"Hey, uh, can I get a coffee to go?" A guy walked up to you and dropped a five dollar bill on the counter

"Hey, uh, can I get a coffee to go?" A guy walked up to you and dropped a five dollar bill on the counter. The hood of his black sweatshirt was pulled up over his head. Through the hole you saw dark circles under his bright blue eyes, as if he hadn't slept in a while. You could also see locks of blond hair curled around his ears. His arms were quite muscular and it almost seemed as if he could flex and the sleeves of his hoodie would fall off. 

For some reason, he looked vaguely familiar to you, but you couldn't place where you'd seen him before. To be honest, he's one of the most attractive men you'd ever seen.

"Um, yeah, sure." You stopped staring, grabbed a to go cup and filled it with coffee. You handed it to him and pointed to where milk and sugar were so he could put it in himself.

"Thanks, keep the change." He mumbled and walked away without his receipt. You watched him while he walked down the street until he's out of sight.

"Who was that?" Another one of the waitresses asked, coming up and bumping your shoulder with hers. "He's a cutie." She winked at you and filled someone's cup up with coffee, flipping her  hair over her shoulder as she does.

"'Cutie?' You could barely see anything underneath all the clothes," you said and she laughed. The memory of his muscular build still invaded your thoughts.

"I could tell by his muscles, all the cute guys have muscles." You rolled your eyes.

"You're ridiculous," you said while adjusting your name tag. She smirked at you suggestively before walking away.

You shook your head again and asked someone who just came up to the register what they would like. "I would like your money..." You looked up from the notepad you were about to write on. The person was holding a gun, pointing it straight at your chest. Your eyes widened and you dropped the pencil and paper, staring at the gun. "I said, give me your money." You looked back at the guy with the gun and shook your head slightly. 

Bad move. He grabbed a chunk of your hair in his fist and dragged you around the counter to stand next to him. You winced when he pulled your hair tighter. You looked around and saw all the customers with scared looks on their faces, watching the scene play out.

 "You there!" The man calls out, pressing the gun into your head. He pointed at your coworker who you'd just been talking to. She looked worried, her eyes moved quickly between you and the guy. "Give me the money from the register, put it in the bag!" She obediently walked over to the register, taking out handfuls of cash at a time and shoving them into the bag the man has placed on the counter.

Out of the corner of your eye, you saw a man pull out a phone and dial a quick number. He started talking to the person on the other line. Apparently, the burglar heard the hushed voice and he turned, pulling you with him. He pointed his gun at the person with the phone and shoots. People screamed and the phone guy's, you assume to be, wife cried and cradled him in her lap as he fell to the ground dead, bleeding from the hole in his chest where he was shot. You feel tears prick my eyes as you watch the scene, he just killed someone. The man dragged you with him to the phone and crushed it with his foot. He glared at the rest of the customers, daring them to try and call someone as they all cried in fear and shock.

The man went back to the counter, released your hair, and grabbed your upper arm instead. He took the bag that had been filled with the cash from the register. The other waitress watched him with tears streaming down her face. "Thank you, goodbye." The man said and started walking away, still holding your arm tight. You pulled against his grip on you, but he was much stronger than you.

"Hey! Let (Y/N) go!" She said, still having not moved from her spot behind the counter. The man paused and turned around slowly. He smiled coldly.

"No, I don't think I will." He walked out the door then, still dragging you along, leaving everyone in the restaurant in stunned surprise.

"Get off me!" You screamed, trying to pry his hand off your arm. He tightened his grip and continued walking, leading you to a dark alley. 

You looked around frantically trying to find anyone who could help. Unfortunately, there was no one nearby. You gave one last good tug on your arm before you decide to try something different. You attempted to bite the man's hand, but that only angers him, biting him was probably a bad decision on your part. The man muttered a few curse words under his breath. 

He turned to you and slammed you against the wall. You saw spots in your vision and felt your head throb, there's going to be a bruise there later. You scratched at his arm that's pushed painfully against your stomach, but he doesn't move even slightly.

Despite knowing how strong he is and that you probably won't get away, you continued your efforts to escape or find help. "Let me go!" You shrieked and the man laughed. "Help! Please! Somebody help me!" You called helplessly, knowing no one would bother. The pressure on your abdomen lessened for a moment and you thought he might be letting you go, but then it's back, worse now than before. The man dropped the bag of money and began caressing your cheek with his other hand. You shrank as far away from him as possible, but he continued his movements.

"It would be wise if you stopped what you're doing right now, before it's too late." A familiar voice said when the man's face was inches from yours. You looked around, trying to locate the voice. You heard a thud as someone dropped to the ground behind the man.

He released you instantly and threw a punch at your savior, who you now see is Captain America. He easily dodged the punch and the man soon finds himself being hit with the superhero's shield leading him to lie on the floor passed out. 

You stared wide eyed and watched him as he studied you, checking for injuries probably. You could barely feel the pain in the back of your head anymore, you were too shocked to care. "Are you okay?" He cautiously asked.

You realized that you'd been staring at him for a while with your mouth open and closed it quickly. "What? Oh, yeah...yeah. I...I'm fine." You stuttered. You notice he's decked out in all his gear. His red, white, and blue patriotic suit was clearly visible even in the dim light of the alley. 

You looked up again at his face. He didn't have his helmet on, allowing you to see the dark circles under his blue eyes and his blond hair. You recognized him from earlier when you'd seen him in the diner. 

"I think you served me coffee earlier." He took a few steps towards you. "I'm glad I hadn't been too far. It'd be a pity to lose such a kind server like you." You blushed slightly.

"Um, thank you Mr. Captain America. I--."

"Please, call me Steve." He cut you off with a smile. "It was nice to meet you, (Y/N)."

"How did you know my name?" You were confused, you didn't remember giving it to him.

"It's on your name tag." He pointed to your right shoulder where it rested. You blushed even more, you'd forgotten that you were at work only a few minutes ago and were still wearing your uniform. "I should probably get going."

"Oh, yeah, me too," You mumbled, still stunned slightly. "Thank you, Steve." It felt weird calling him by his actual name, but he had told you to do so. His beautiful blue eyes looked right into yours.

"Here," he said as he handed you a slip of paper. "Call me sometime."

"Okay." You bit your lip, trying to hide your excitement. It'd been a while since you'd been given someone's number, especially someone as breathtakingly handsome as the man in front of you. 

"It was a pleasure saving you today. I hope to hear from you soon." He smiled a wide grin before leaving you alone.