Friends// Goten X Reader

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Your eyes twitched as you saw it again. Goten was flirting with that girl again, Maron's friend whose name you'd already forgotten again.

You shook your head at him before walking away casually. It pained the you to watch as Goten was turned down once again. It didn't matter how many times it happened, you could never get over how those piercing black eyes turned soft and puppy dog-like as he was rejected.

He frowned for a bit before forming a smile. "Next time maybe?" The words annoyed you, you couldn't explain why, they just did. For one reason or another, they did. You groaned, placing a hand on your hip before facepalming.

"Her again? Hasn't she rejected you enough?" Goten's face formed into a very adorable pout as he shook his head. "Maybe next time she'll say yes. I can't skip out on the opportunity if there's a chance."

Your eyes looked down, it was as if they were glued to the ground as the two of you walked together. You kicked a rock hard, the rock went flying passed a few houses.

"You say that every time!" Your voice almost sounded like a whine. You were exasperated. How could he continue flirting with her? Did she flirt back with him and turn him down in the end as some sort of game? You couldn't understand why he continued with her. You also couldn't understand why you cared so much.

He let out a dry laugh as he nodded, leaning against you, despite him being much taller. "That's because it's true. Maybe she'll say yes!"

"She never does."

"What?"

"Nothing!" You waved off, a small blush coating your smooth skin. You continued walking, slower than usual. It took you a bit to figure it out, but you realised a bunch of extra weight was holding you back-about as many pounds as Goten weighs. He was leaning on you and slowing you down.

Your hand swatted him away, and the other pushed him hoping to give him enough force to stop leaning on you. He cried out in surprise as he fell on his other side and onto the concrete beside the two of you.

He pouted.

"Owww." You rolled your eyes, reaching your hand out as a gesture to help him up. You looked away, annoyed that he even fell back in the first place. You didn't even use that much force to begin with. His hand grabbed yours and you felt your cheeks go red on contact.

There was something mysterious about the feeling you got when grabbing his hand whether it be to pull him up or because he's sad or scared. Even the thought of it made you blush immensly.

You expected yourself to be able to pull him up with no problem. You expected him to be thankful and for the two of you to continue walking peacefully until you made it to your destinations which were the houses beside each other.

You expected that at least. Instead he pulled you down to fall beside him. You screeched for a second before your bottom hit the ground and abruptly stopped you from making any noise at all. You simply glared beside you where you knew Goten was, only to see him smiling back at you in a way that made you lose your anger almost immediately.

You didn't understand why. You huffed and looked down. He leaned against you, laughing.

"You should have heard yourself scream! You sounded like a small child!"

You glared, opening your mouth to say a comeback, but nothing came to mind. It was far too fuzzy after you realised exactly how close your faces were to each other.

Inches.

You were at a loss for words and breath as you watched his face and mouth as he laughed inches from her own. You leaned in, you didn't know why, but your mind was screaming for you to do so. Thankfully, you stopped when his laughing stopped.

He tilted his head at you, poking your forehead. "Hey, when did you get so close?"

Your face flushed and you felt like running home and screaming in your room. But that would be suspicious-- Wait, why did you get so close? That was the question you were asking yourself.

"You know what? I gotta go-- It's cat feeding season." You walked away from Goten, leaving him on the sidewalk alone. You figured you'd give it the rest of the day or so for you to figure yourself out and then you'd talk to him.

Being around him when you felt confused and flustered was dangerous.

**timeskip brought to you by BroLY'S NEW LOOK BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME**

You walked into Goten's house feeling refreshed after a good night sleep. You waved at Chi Chi before sighing to yourself. Turns out you couldn't figure yourself out, but it wasn't Goten's fault so it was best not to ignore him.

Goten jumped on you from the side, the both of you falling to the floor. You once again let out a high pitched and very short scream before you inevitably hit the floor. You turned to Goten, who was on top of you and smiling.

He looked so handsome with a few strands of hair falling down his face as he looked down on her. He needed to stop making her feel so blush-y.

"She just broke up with her boyfriend! That's why she refused me! And then she asked me on a date, isn't that awesome?"

Your face dropped as you heard those words. You weren't sure why they hit you so hard, it was like he punched a hole in your chest. Except you weren't bleeding, this pain was internal.

"Y-Yeah.. So awesome."

It hit you.

Crap.

You love him.

And it's too late.
.

.

.

.

.

.

Welp, I finally published a one shot.

I'M SO SORRY BUT I HAVE TERRIBLE WRITER'S BLOCK.

I'm trying to write, but I never make it past the middle of the one shot because I don't know what to do next.

I'm so sorry that I have writer's block.