Confusion// Goten X Reader

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You stared him in his revealing eyes, taking a deep breath before raising your voice to speak, dispite your nervousness.

"Look, I'm not sure how to say this, but I like you. I think I've known for a while. I don't know if you feel the same way, but I need to get this off of my chest--- I.. can't do this." You mumbled, looking down in disappointment. Your shoulders slumped, and you felt a hand on your shoulder. It took mere seconds for you to swat them away viciously.

Trunks gave you an offended look, pulling his hand away dramatically. He looked taken back, like nobody had ever rejected him before, which was probably true. You raised an eyebrow at him, shooting him a look of disbelief.

"I... can't believe you slapped my hand.." He choked out, stroking the top of his hand sadly. You rolled your eyes, wanting so badly to hit him more, but he was the closest thing you had to practice.

"Look, only one of us can act like a girl right now, I'd like to be the one if it's fine with you, Sally." You muttered in an annoyed tone, watching as he gave you yet another offended look. His eyes rolled as he let out a lengthy "Fiiiiiiinneeee!!" It annoyed you just a bit more.

"Can we get back to my  problem?" You asked, crossing your arms in annoyance. He shrugged his shoulders in agreement, clearing his throat.

"You need more plastic surgery than my family can afford."

Your hand made contact with his face, emmitting a loud noise. He winced in pain as he rubbed his cheek, muttering curse words under his breath. You shot him yet another annoyed glare, feeling fed up with his childish games.

"Onto the real problem." You growled, threatening to permanently bury him if he didn't help you. He agreed almost immediately, resulting in a pleased grin from you.

"You need to compliment him, or else the idiot won't know what you're talking about." Trunks stated, taking a sip from his glass cup. You took in the information, trying to mentally alter your speech to him.

"Okay. Got it."

"Look, I'm not sure how to say this, but I like you... A lot. I think I've known this for a while. I mean, I think you're amazing, and I'm not sure if you feel the same, but I needed to get this off of my chest. I just wanted you to know how I feel, I really like you."

You stared at Trunks, you knew it was him, but you saw Goten. You did love the black haired idiot, you made sure not to say that, because it would probably be too early for him. You tried to be as lovey dovey as you could, but that was the best you could do, you weren't poetic in the least bit.

A small whimper could be heard from the front door of Trunks' living room, the two of you turned to see a shocked Goten. He heard what you said, you didn't know how long he'd been there, but he looked almost broken. He blinked at the two of you a few times, before turning on his heels, exiting the building. Your feet seemed to stand up without your brain's consent, running after him.

You didn't know why he left all of a sudden, but you were certainly going to find out. You called out his name, It took you a few seconds to catch up with him, you hand grabbed his shoulder, he turned around quickly, making you step back.

"I'm glad you're happy." He spat, his lips quivering ever so slightly. You didn't understand what he was talking about.

"What--"

"Stop, Y/N. I know what's going on."

"Is everything okay?" Trunks called out, running towards the two of you. He finally caught up to the both of you, his arm rested on your shoulder as he tried to catch his breath. You figured he was either out of shape, or overreacting again, because the three of you were barely outside of Capsule Corp.

Not even five seconds passed before Goten's arm went swinging, his fist making contact with Trunks' face, knocking him off of you. His body slammed against the sidewalk outside of Capsule Corp. You faced Goten, giving him a look of disbelief.

"What's wrong with you, Goten??" You asked, helping Trunks off of the sidewalk. He obviously ignored you, and looked at Trunks, rage clear in his eyes.

"What the hell, Trunks? I told you how I felt, and this is how you react??" He growled, looking as if he was gonna throw another punch. You mentally asked yourself how you got stuck in a fight between two half saiyans.

"What are you talking about, Goten?" You demanded, practically screaming. His gaze met yours, and you decided you feared angry Goten.

"Isn't it obvious, Y/N?? I love you, I honestly don't care if this ruins our friendship, but I truly do love you. I wish I was the one you felt strongly for, but obviously I'm not." He huffed, turning away from you, not once looking at Trunks. You let out a laugh of relief. You knew it wasn't a good time to be laughing, but you couldn't help but feel relieved that he felt the same way.

He gave you a look of disbelief, he was obviously hurt. You felt a twinge of guilt, realising he must have thought you laughed at how he felt.

"I'm happy you find humor in this."

You scoffed. "You misunderstood everything that happened today. Trunks volunteered to pretend to be you. Anything you heard was meant for you, idiot."

His face softened as he heard your confession, he let out a small laugh. His face formed a grin, and he scratched the back of his head the way his father does. You smiled back at him, kissing his cheek.

"I love you, Goten."

"I love you, too."

You could hear a scream come from inside of Capsule Corp, causing all three of you to look up at the alarming noise. It was Bulma, she was fumbling with her phone, looking at the three of you from her window.

"CHI CHI!! WE'RE PLANNING A WEDDING!! GOTEN'S FOUND A GIRLFRIEND!!"

You and Goten started blushing, while Trunks laughed. You felt an extreme amount of embarrassment, realising Bulma saw the whole scene. Trunks grinned at the two of you, taking a step back.

"Better prepare my best man speech before Gohan does. First one with a speech gets to be best man, right?" He mumbled, running back into Capsule Corp. You never did understand his odd sense of humor. Goten shook his head, looking at the ground, laughing. You laughed with him.
You had a feeling that your relationship was going to be interesting.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Yay, another one shot!! Goten was the lucky male this time. :) Please, if anyone has anymore requests, comment here or PM me. It would also help if you gave me a plot, otherwise it'll Probably end up being depressing. xD

Well, I think that's all I need to say, but I would appreciate if you guys gave me your support by commenting/voting and/ or  adding this story to your reading list. I love reading your comments, they keep me updating. They also make my day.

Till next time. Xx