I'm fine / The letter

Bono Guggi and Eli arrived to Mendoza. Bono stared right at the place where a few months ago "Staring at the sun" was being written. He just stayed silent, thinking about nothing and everything at the same time. Just beside the garden chairs facing the sunset he looked at the house, that was not a house anymore, it was like a castle. Twice the size he knew when he was there and the vineyards were a lot bigger. There was also a lake in the middle of them. It was like a little paradise in the middle of nowhere.

Guggi and Eli were staying in the house, but not Bono. For obvious reasons, he chose a hotel about an hour away from the place. Guggi and Eli headed to the house and Bono just stayed still inside the ban, with his blue eyes lost into that beautiful place. He arrived at night to his hotel in the city, left his stuff in his room and headed nowhere to clear his head.

The phone rang several times until he finally turned around muttering and passed his arm over a naked body to pick it up.

"Hello" Bono said with a sleepy voice
"Hey. Finally. It's me. Why aren't you here?"
"Who is me? And where is here?" he asked
"It's me, Guggi!! Aren't you up?? It's fucking 12 am in the morning!!" Guggi said
"Why are you calling?" Bono asked a bit pissed
"Cause you were supposed to join me to try our wedding suits at 10 and it's fucking 12"
"Really? Oh shit!"
"Get your ass off that bed and go to Frank's right now"

He hung up the phone and got out of bed. He took his time, since his headache was killing him. The sound of his bare foot walking around searching for his boxers echoed on the walls until it was replaced by the noise of the curtains being open.

The rays of sun deepened into his eyes as well as his hangover. Sunlight brought a few memories of last night; empty bottles over the living room table, some of his clothes on the living floor and the rest of them in the room. The bed was totally undone and the sheets wrinkled.

"Time to get up" He said as the rays of sun hit his face, just followed by some groans.
"Come on, I have to go" He insisted as groans kept on going but this time finally waking up.

He was standing over the big window on his hotel room, while watching two girls waking up from his bed naked. He was not feeling happy, or proud or anything for seeing that, he was as he said "Fine" but deep in his mind and heart, he find himself empty.
The girls dressed up slowly as they were still asleep and struggling with their hangovers. It also didn't help their underwear and dresses were all over the room. They took their time, but once both were dressed, the girls headed to where Bono was standing, in boxers. One of them tried to kiss him, but he moved his face avoiding it. As soon as they left he went directly to the shower and headed to the bar inside his hotel.

He got into Frank's and saw Guggi waiting for him sitting in a corner of the restaurant.
"Waking up at 12 and with those shades...Another rough night?" Guggi asked back
"We've already talked about this. I'm fine"
"You're not, and you know. You drink too much, party hard, sleep almost nothing and get around those ladies. Then you don't know why you suddenly lose your voice before a show, or why you're on every fucking magazine. You're single, I get it, you're broken hearted, I get it, but please, get your shit together cause I cannot be there 24/7 saving your ass" Guggi said like a father telling off his son. " It's about her? Are you still not over her?"
"I don't want to talk about her, it's over. I'm sorry. I just forgot about the suits. If we're here to talk about her, then we have nothing else to talk about" Bono said and stood to leave the place, but Guggi's hand stopped him from doing it.
"Look, you'll have to see her, one day or another. You cannot avoid everything because of her, or even avoid her, you're going to see each other next week in the church and afterwards as well. Maybe if you let her talk to you, you'll understand..." Guggi was saying until he got interrupted by Bono
"Guggi, really? Understand what?! Why would I care about her if she lied and cheated on me? I don't want to know anything about her; she doesn't exist for me anymore. For a long time now" Bono stood and walked away, but as he was leaving he heard something coming from out of Guggi's mouth
"What?" Bono asked turning around
"I said; Tango answered your letter" Guggi said
"How do you know?"
"Well....Paul McGuinness phoned the hotel several times, and since you didn't picked up, he called me"
"I thought he'll never answer. Lots of musicians wrote, but none of them received a letter back. I'm curious about his answer..."
"Paul said Tango wanted to see you, he'll be in the studio working in some new material in California this week"
"I can rehearse for the wedding now, tomorrow flight to California and still be back 2 days before the wedding. Wanna come?"
"Paul said the letter specifies you to go alone. There's no address on it... Just asks for a time you'll arrive at the airport and someone will pick you up there"
"This is so James Bond. Feels like a kid in Disney. Love how he's still on his mystery character"